Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Wk 1. Redskins.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Wk 1. Redskins.

I am very happy with the win for the Vikes last night, but I think they only played at about 65 to 70 % of what I think this team is capable of playing!
    I hope vs Carolina that we are at least up to 75 to 85 %, and I am hoping by the end of the year if you compared what we saw last night to what we see at the end of the year it doesn't even look like the same team!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I will agree that they only played to about 60% of their ability.
    I will give alot of credit to this to the fact that it is a tough place to play on the road.
    The home opener will be a much different story and the GREAT thing to take away from that game is that we imposed our will upon the skins with solid football.
    No turnovers, good rushing attack and timely defense.

The Skins are a better team than everyone is talking about right now.
    I am impressed with a hard fought win.
    I would have liked to see fewer penalties and T-Will come down with those 3 balls but he redeemed himself when it counted.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Thermodyne" wrote:
    OK here I am.......................Can I have some whoopass sauce with that crow please.
    I can make up some Crow Gumbo for you if you like...tip of the hat to you for signing on today.

Good luck with the Cowturds...BOTH games!!!
    Kick their A$$ES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"AmishGangsta" wrote:
    Hello all, Redskins fan here, and i'm back for the punishment - sorry you gotta give me a day for it to sink in, that one hurt.

I didn't get to watch much of the game because I was at work, but they had a small TV going, and I had espn up on my computer.

A lot of people in the DC area are talking about how bad the Skins looked, but from what I saw, both teams looked pretty good, not dominating or disfunctional; it came down to one play - you win some of those, and you lose some of those.

I knew we would shut the running game down for the most part, but I didn't expect to give up so many big plays downfield - Brad Johnson is a machine.
    I don't know what's going on with our corners - we need Springs to get back.

Our offense didn't look so bad, they just left points on the field.
    I thought it was kind of wierd that Santana was the leading rusher for our team, and Betts was the leading receiver
    ???
    Betts was a drive killer, once he started running the ball, but Portis looked pretty good, I wish they would have gave him more carries, but at the same time, i'm glad they rested him for Dallas.

The officiating was good, though, I didn't like that call on Sean Taylor, I think they need to let the players play, had he given up on that play, it could have been a sideline catch - however, it didn't lead to anything but better field position, so i'm not all that worried about it.

The Skins seemed to cause stupid penalties at all the wrong times in the game.

Anyway, I was impressed with the Vikings, i'm glad that half of our division lost aswell.
    That Sean Taylor late hit was WAY MORE blatant than that BS roughing the QB call on the Vikings...and I beg to differ...the officiating was CRAP!!!
    I was at the game and they made several questionable calls.

That being said, we won...and that's all that matters!

Thanks for stopping back in after the loss...and you are welcome back anytime!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I am very happy with the win for the Vikes last night, but I think they only played at about 65 to 70 % of what I think this team is capable of playing!

I hope vs Carolina that we are at least up to 75 to 85 %, and I am hoping by the end of the year if you compared what we saw last night to what we see at the end of the year it doesn't even look like the same team!
    I know you just pulled those numbers out of your jiggly butt, but I agree.
    Problem is, most teams are probably thinking the same thing.
    It's safe to assume with the new coaching staff and O/D schemes that there will be relatively more improvement on the Vikings' squad compared to many other teams that have minor changes.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

YEAH BABY!!! That was a great game last night! (I guess any win is a great game), but I saw great second half defense for the most part keeping washington scoreless, except for the last drive were it took them what 4 plays to get to our 30!

Things that sucked: Longwell's short kickoffs and very little pressure put on Brunell (no sacks )

But all things considered Brad played a great game, O-line played pretty well and I am pretty happy with how Chester Taylor did against a good defense!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920