Thread: Withrow?

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Withrow?

Just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with Cory Withrow. I think he's a great backup, but it doesn't sound like he'll be back next year. Any news on the Vikes trying to sign him or any other backup centres?

Withrow?

I havent heard much either. I hope he's back next season.

Vikes4Life is offline Waterboy

Withrow?

I heard he had a little visit with our old friend, Cardinal Foe Dennis Green!
    Best there is, best there was, and the best there ever will be!

Withrow?

Ya, I don't know why the Vikes aren't trying to keep him he's a great backup for Birk, and could possibly start at guard in the next few seasons after Dixon is gone.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Withrow?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Claiborne55

Ya, I don't know why the Vikes aren't trying to keep him he's a great backup for Birk, and could possibly start at guard in the next few seasons after Dixon is gone.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

He doesn't want to be a backup. He wouldn't start anywhere next year. Plain and simple.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Withrow?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Claiborne55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He doesn't want to be a backup. He wouldn't start anywhere next year. Plain and simple.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I dunno I've heard there are a few teams that consider him good enough to start.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Withrow?

He is definately good enough to start somewhere, just not here. I think that if Dixon were to retire he would be one of the first in line to take over. The fact is that if he wants to play on this team he is gonna have to be able to move to different spots on the OL because center is Birk's spot, and will be for many years to come.

P.S_Congradulations to myself for my 200th post.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Withrow?

Withrow has turned down a vet minimum offer from the Cards.

My guess is that Denny wouldn't/couldn't guarantee him the starting gig, that he would have to earn it. In Minnesota, he knows he plays behind Birk.

For the same money, my guess is he'd rather be on a winner than potentially riding the pine on a train wreck. I'm betting he'll still be in purple in 04.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Withrow?

just proves denny's stupidity and arogance. withrow could start at center for over half the teams in the league, let alone an xfl team like the cardinals...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven