shogan88 is offline Waterboy

without sounding like a jerk...

as minnesota fans, do you think that:

a. you guys should have focused more over the summer instead of lingering over the NFC championship game?

b. do you guys wish you would have spent more time focusing in training camp instead of sending players on private jets back and forth from favres house begging and pleading him to come back?

c. do you guys think the lackluster start to the season has something to do with the fact that favre is 40, is coming off an ankle injury, did not do anything all summer due to this fact?

d. the start has anything to due with brad childress and his obvious inability to coach?

again, im seriously not being a jerk here. im just trying to understand what you guys think right now from your perspective and id appreciate any feedback.
    None

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: without sounding like a jerk...

Want to know what we think?

Read the site and you would know.

So, you are actually sounding like a jerk.

what do the fans not focusing on the season and dwelling over the Saints game last year have anything to do with the way the Vikings play? I'm pretty sure I wasn't out there playing today.

Figures. He's a Saint's fan.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I realize that you are trying to be conciliatory here, but it comes off more as false pity. Wait until tomorrow night is over and see how you feel if the 49ers show you your first loss. Then perhaps you will understand how this kind of questioning right on the heels of a fristrating loss is not exactly welcome at the moment.

Nevertheless, I shall attempt to answer your questions. Note that I speak only for myself, and not for the membership of this site.

shogan88 wrote:

a. you guys should have focused more over the summer instead of lingering over the NFC championship game?
    I'm not particularly one to linger, although I will gladly discuss when the subject is brought up. But I fail to see how the PP.O membership's lingering has anything to do with the VIkings' performance.

If you intended to ask whether we thought the TEAM was too preoccupied with the NFCC loss, then I do not believe that that was actually the case. Once mini-camp had started, their focus was solely on the upcoming season, along with individual efforts to make the team. THEY did not linger, though some of us did.

b. do you guys wish you would have spent more time focusing in training camp instead of sending players on private jets back and forth from favres house begging and pleading him to come back?
    Again, we did not do these things, The Vikings did, though I believe they would not have sent those players if they did not believe that those three were up to speed and could afford the day off. Yeah, one day of TC missed, that is all it was.

Most of us here were focused on TC at the time, and in particular on who was not in it on time. I do not believe that the folks who WERE there were significantly distracted, but I do believe that the lack of reps hurt their performance. The uncertainty of who would be the opening day starter was also a concern, but the work still got done by those who were there to do it. It was not a question of focus at all, IMO.

c. do you guys think the lackluster start to the season has something to do with the fact that favre is 40, is coming off an ankle injury, did not do anything all summer due to this fact?
    Something to do with it? Almost certainly. All of it? Absolutely not. The Vikings have several other issues which also need to be addressed. But this is pretty obvious to even a casual football fan.

d. the start has anything to due with brad childress and his obvious inability to coach?
    Coach Childress deoes a fine job in some areas. Not so much in others. I do not find him to be a good motivator, and also believe that he is ofgten prone to overreact to trends, as with what happened today against the Dolphins. He overreacted to what happened with the Saints.

I think that he gets a bit too much blame for eerything that goes wrong, but then again, ultimately it is his responsibility to correct the problems, not to protect them. I do think that it is too early to call for any significant staffing change, however. This early in the season, it would be tantamount to giving up, as the time it would take to adjust to new coaches and/or schemes would take more than they can afford.

In all seriousness, season's end will likely be Childress's as well, unless things change for the better, and soon. That will be soon enough for me. On the flipside, if the VIkings do turn things around, I will gladly welcome him back.

again, im seriously not being a jerk here. im just trying to understand what you guys think right now from your perspective and id appreciate any feedback.
    I hope that my responses are of some use to you. Just remember, as I mentioned above, if you should lose tomorrow night, how you feel afterward. Maybe next time you will give it a few days before asking questions like this.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

shogan88 wrote:

My God. Obviously you're a dick, but I'll answer anyways.

A. Do you mean us as fans shouldn't have dwelled more about the NFCCG? Yah, because then we definitely would be able to cheer for our team more? Idk wtf that has to do with anything. And if you mean the team, what proof do you have that they dwelled about it all off season.

B. Well considering the people we sent to Favre's house aren't currently the problem (our receivers/favre are the problem), it didn't affect us at all. What kind of a dumb ass statement is that. If they didn't go down there then we would be stuck with Tavaris and no Favre, which is worse than where we are now.

C. We know he's old, but he was last year too. Once he can get in sync with his receivers and the WRs can pull their heads outta their asses then it will be better.

D. Most People Hate Childress Here
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

shogan88 wrote:

You want to know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that anytime someone says, "I'm not trying to be a jerk", they're about to be a jerk.

And, based upon your post...I was right.

Jerk.

Caine

Caine wrote:
    shogan88 wrote:

You want to know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that anytime someone says, "I'm not trying to be a jerk", they're about to be a jerk.

And, based upon your post...I was right.

Jerk.

Caine
    LOL!

Just like Rome says. When someone says, "hey...no disrespect.....".

They are about the get disrespected!