Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cheesefree is offline Starter

Re: Wisconsin fans smarter than Minnesota fans

"fan4favre" wrote:

Born and raised in Wisconsin however.
    Okay, but admitting to inbreeding and cheesefarming doesn't help your case any.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

BodeVike is offline Waterboy

LOL......................................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    "Sometimes it s really hard being a trophy husband."

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Wisconsin fans smarter than Minnesota fans

"fan4favre" wrote:
    Read it and weep Minnesotans.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/smartstates/smartstates

Let's not formulate any lame excuses over this.

:tongue:
    Well now there you go. You profile an entire set and believe everyone in that set is the same.

Kind of like saying every Green Bay QB is a drug addict just because Favre was. Thats not really looking at things correctly.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Wisconsin fans smarter than Minnesota fans

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...
    Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

If you knew anything about studies, you would know that a study is not always a good valid study. What you are trying to prove is not what this study is aiming at. They are measuring three things at once, all of which we have no clue how they are weighted in their results. The three things this study bases its results on are the students, the teachers, and for some unknown reason, violence of the students. If it were merely a study looking at standardized scores, and GPAs and such then it would be a decent study. Instead they throw in those other variables to turn the study into junk. If you claim that Wisconsin is "smarter" than Minnesota you might want to dump your pride and agree with me, because your last post in which your contradict yourself, saying that you say you don't agree with the"elements that comprise the results, was not the most intelligible post.

:P
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

if ya wanna know how i feel about wis just look at my personal gallery haha
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

All it says to me is that the Viking fans in Wisconsin are slightly smarter than the Viking fans in Minnesota.

We can all ASS.U.ME that Packer Fans aren't educated and therefore would have been left out of the study all together.

I don't think that that is biased at all.

FAN4FARVE,

Are you going to the Game at Reliant this week?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I always get a kick when someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin posts stuff like this saying: "look were smarter than you". I am sure if you go back in the posts you will find AT least 3 other instances when some "study" showed that either Minnesotans or Wisconsans are "smarter".

What disturbs me the most is that alot of people don't question the validity of their source.

In other news, Canadians are smarter on average nah-nah-nah-nah-nah.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I always get a kick when someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin posts stuff like this saying: "look were smarter than you". I am sure if you go back in the posts you will find AT least 3 other instances when some "study" showed that either Minnesotans or Wisconsans are "smarter".

What disturbs me the most is that alot of people don't question the validity of their source.

In other news, Canadians are smarter on average nah-nah-nah-nah-nah.

HA ha HA, very funny.

We are all STUPID

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"fan4favre" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Did you read how those scores were measured bud? They put other things into the equation like school violence, class size,and student-teacher ratios. I am studying to be a research psychologist, and one of the things I learned is to always make sure there are no confounding variables to take awawy validity of your surveying. In you case with your argument you completely misplaced this "study" and they clearly mistitled it. If I brought this article to my research methods psych teacher he would flip out (and no he doesn't carea bout the order of the states) from the discription given the study doesn't really measure anything specific at all. It kinda just takes a bunch of school variables, throws them in a pot, and you come up with some ranking from that without really knowing what it means...don't believe everything you see or read is true bud, no matter what they tell you down in Texas...
    Oh please, don't give me any excuses. A study is a study. Do I necessarily agree with the elements that comprise the results? No. This is a thread meant only to slow the madness here surrounding the "Education" level of Packer fans. For these results on this site.....seeing is believing!

OK, using your logic, I just did a study where I measured my tolerance for stupidity where it pertains to the fans of specific teams. What I found is this:

Most Annoying Fans:

1: Green Bay
    2: Philadelphia
    3: Dallas
    4: New England (The ones who appeared miraculously over the last 3 years)
    5: Green Bay (They really annoy me, so they made the list twice)

Since, as you say, "A study is a study", this one is just as valid as the one you linked.

I could easily do more studies - just in case you're curious.

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Apparently nobody in Milwaukee took this test! (no offense to milwaukeeans!)

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast