Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Winny released

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Winny released

And the sooner they get rid of the guys that forced them to run it, the better we will be in defense.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    +1

I loved Winny, but he was past his prime. I would have loved to see him reduced to a nickle or dime CB, but not at $7m.
    Do you guys even watch the games. When have you seen Whinny in a 10 yard cushion. Stop the BS. We get it... everything the Fo does is amazing and when they release a player you guys have to make up shit about him. However, the guy looks damn good last season and.... as I pointed out.... most of our completions didn't come to his side... they were against Cook and AJ Jefferson. At 5'8 he had 12 pass breakups.... and played his ass off without a cushion....Why don't you guys just PM each others your Speilmen love crock and save us the nonsense. Dude should have been given the opputunity to reduce his contract.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    +1

I loved Winny, but he was past his prime. I would have loved to see him reduced to a nickle or dime CB, but not at $7m.
    Do you guys even watch the games. When have you seen Whinny in a 10 yard cushion. Stop the BS. We get it... everything the Fo does is amazing and when they release a player you guys have to make up shit about him. However, the guy looks damn good last season and.... as I pointed out.... most of our completions didn't come to his side... they were against Cook and AJ Jefferson. At 5'8 he had 12 pass breakups.... and played his ass off without a cushion....Why don't you guys just PM each others your Speilmen love crock and save us the nonsense. Dude should have been given the opputunity to reduce his contract.
    He now has the ability to come back to the team at a reduced salary if he wants.

If you think a slow, aging CB with declining skills who hasn't been able to stay healthy for the last few years is worth 7 million dollars this year then you are the one who is full of BS.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought that he does have the chance to resign with the Vikings. Cutting him also gives him the chance to test the market with other teams. If he is truly as amazing as you say he is, then the market will determine where he is going and for how much.

Unless of course nobody else in the NFL watched the games either...

BTW, the fact that most of the completions didn't come to Winny's side might also have had something to do with the fact that Jefferson and Robinson were usually the other CB. When Cook was on the field Winfield was playing nickle most of the time. Robinson was a rookie (who actually came on strong at the end of the season) and Jefferson just stunk. If I was a QB I would throw at Jefferson or over the top of our MLB every time. Oh wait... they did...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I'm guessing Winfield's salary will be about the same amount that gets offered to Greg Jennings.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I'm guessing Winfield's salary will be about the same amount that gets offered to Greg Jennings.
    As a fan, Winfield is one of my favorite players. But if I had to choose between him and Jennings, I would have to go with Jennings.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    It's been a rough couple days for me. One day I have to retire my Harvin jerseys, and now my authentic Winfield jersey
    I feel your pain, I had to retire a authentic Moss jersey when he was traded, I got the thing custom framed, so I didn't pull it back out when he was back for 2 games. I just hope that I don't have to retire my authentic Peterson jersey anytime soon.
    Yep me too on the authentic moss jersey. I dont have it framed however. I need to get an ad authentic i guess.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I had a Winfield jersey also.. Waiting to see if he returns and who we draft till im getting a new one.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Winny released

Pretty much spells a 1st round pick.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    If that's the case, he'll probably re-sign with GB.

He wants $11 mil a year.

Jennings was planning to have dinner with Vikings officials on Thursday night and then meet with executives at team headquarters on Friday. But there are no indications that Jennings has dropped his demands of a contract worth $11 million per season, which was where they stood at the opening of free agency on Tuesday.
    Greg Jennings meets with Vikings hoping for $11 million annual*contract | SI Tracking Blog

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast