Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 263

Thread: Winny released

  1. #61
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    It's been a rough couple days for me. One day I have to retire my Harvin jerseys, and now my authentic Winfield jersey
    Bummer! I have to my retire my Harvin jersey as well. I had to retire an authentic Sharper a couple of years ago. I feel your pain.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  2. #62
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Winfield was a great character guy and I would love to see them bring him back as a coach but this is a passing division and he has always been a liability in the passing game and he is what, 35 years old?
    I wonder if his replacement will be able to amass 100 tackles this season.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #63
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    644
    Every day in every way it gets harder and harder to follow this team.
    Purple till i die

  4. #64
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I wonder if his replacement will be able to amass 100 tackles this season.
    in 6 starts Robinson amassed 56 tackles. He's got a shot.

  5. #65
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Winfield was a great character guy and I would love to see them bring him back as a coach but this is a passing division and he has always been a liability in the passing game and he is what, 35 years old?
    I wonder if his replacement will be able to amass 100 tackles this season.
    Maybe he can if he is old, short and slow.

  6. #66
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Winny released

    Besides, if you can actually cover a WR without a 10 yard cushion you don't need to make as many tackles,

  7. #67
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    It's been a rough couple days for me. One day I have to retire my Harvin jerseys, and now my authentic Winfield jersey
    I feel your pain, I had to retire a authentic Moss jersey when he was traded, I got the thing custom framed, so I didn't pull it back out when he was back for 2 games. I just hope that I don't have to retire my authentic Peterson jersey anytime soon.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    Every day in every way it gets harder and harder to follow this team.
    +1

  9. #69
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Besides, if you can actually cover a WR without a 10 yard cushion you don't need to make as many tackles,
    +1

    I loved Winny, but he was past his prime. I would have loved to see him reduced to a nickle or dime CB, but not at $7m.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #70
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Besides, if you can actually cover a WR without a 10 yard cushion you don't need to make as many tackles,
    Welcome to the Tampa 2 prevent defense.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •