Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Winny released

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Asumagua or whatever the hell his name is got cut. I would like to see them take the Whinny money and grab him.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    This is getting interesting ... something had got to be cooking .... to be continued.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They are going to trade Ponder for Revis and sign Nhamdi. Then draft a QB and go to the SB homeboy.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Winfield is a great character guy and always plays hard. I'm sorry to see him go, but that story may well not be quite over yet. I would not be surprised if he is re-signed at a lower figure, but we should wait to see what else shakes out before going that route.

It's the nature of the biz, unfortunately. Sometimes you just have to let the good ones go. Not every move in FA will be a popular one, and you need to give it some time before jumping to rash conclusions. There's a long, long off-season yet to go.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    Winfield is a great character guy and always plays hard. I'm sorry to see him go, but that story may well not be quite over yet. I would not be surprised if he is re-signed at a lower figure, but we should wait to see what else shakes out before going that route.

It's the nature of the biz, unfortunately. Sometimes you just have to let the good ones go. Not every move in FA will be a popular one, and you need to give it some time before jumping to rash conclusions. There's a long, long off-season yet to go.
    Sounds as if Spielman was just saying that to try and save face. Sounds more like he is a liar. I understand the move because of Winfield's age, and cap number, but only if they were going to bring in someone who could sincerely help this team, and by that I don't mean AJ Jefferson and Chris Cook.

Vikings waive Winfield | StarTribune.com

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    chipscoggins ‏@chipscoggins

Per @StribDW Antoine Winfield was at Winter Park working out when he was called upstairs and released in short, awkward conversation.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    chipscoggins ‏@chipscoggins

Per @StribDW Antoine Winfield was at Winter Park working out when he was called upstairs and released in short, awkward conversation.
    I know, I read the article. Sounds like a very classless move to me. Something you would expect from a idiot that doesn't know his ass from his mouth.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I am very bummed to see Winfield go I hope they can replace him... Good luck Winny!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I am very bummed to see Winfield go I hope they can replace him... Good luck Winny!
    Me too brother! One of my all-time favorite Vikings. I will miss him a lot.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Me too brother! One of my all-time favorite Vikings. I will miss him a lot.
    It's been a rough couple days for me. One day I have to retire my Harvin jerseys, and now my authentic Winfield jersey

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast