Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Winny released

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Why is he doing a press conference right now?! He should be on the phone with agents.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Why is he doing a press conference right now?! He should be on the phone with agents.
    To introduce Greg Jennings to the team?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    To introduce Greg Jennings to the team?
    Lol don't tease me. It is supposedly to explain the Harvin trade.

Blog Entries
    Horrible press conferences. Made excuses about not signing anyone and wouldn't say a single detail about Harvin or any of the restructures. We are gonna end up missing the playoffs next year because of this joker.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    ‏@TomPelissero

Spielman says he "had a very good conversation" with Winfield. Won't reveal details.

-

Hopefully he can return with a better deal for us.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Horrible press conferences. Made excuses about not signing anyone and wouldn't say a single detail about Harvin or any of the restructures. We are gonna end up missing the playoffs next year because of this joker.
    It's painful being a fan of the Vikings. The always seem to find a way to falter. Not just with how things are going, I'm talking about their complete existence.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    I love me some Toine. Actually my 26 jersey came in the mail last week. In all honesty though I don't hate the move. At 35 with Winfield's lack of height he's almost a liability on the outside, more-so in our division. Worst of all, his salary was far too much to pay for a nickel/situation guy, a role which he's perfect for at this point in his career.

Our priority now should be getting guys that can match up with CJ, Marshall, Nelson and James Jones on the outside. There's a tonne of free agent corners, lets invest that $7 million in someone that could be a starter for the next couple years, cause those WRs in the division aren't going anywhere fast.

Hopefully we get someone like Greg Toler or Sean Smith and maybe Winfield sniffs free agency then comes back once he realizes no ones going to pay him what he's looking for. Crazier things have happened.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    What do you expect a GM to do? Tell his plans and exact details that are not made public for a reason?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I am actually liking what Spielman is doing. About the only thing that could sour me is overpaying for Jennings. Other than that I think he is getting rid of the old and the malcontents and bringing in character guys who want to play(well, except Simpson, that one has me sctratcing my head but...).

Winfield was a great character guy and I would love to see them bring him back as a coach but this is a passing division and he has always been a liability in the passing game and he is what, 35 years old? And has not been able to stay healthy for a few years. Time to put him out to pasture and get some fresher legs in the secondary who can run with the young WR;s we are facing every week.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I am actually liking what Spielman is doing. About the only thing that could sour me is overpaying for Jennings. Other than that I think he is getting rid of the old and the malcontents and bringing in character guys who want to play(well, except Simpson, that one has me sctratcing my head but...).

Winfield was a great character guy and I would love to see them bring him back as a coach but this is a passing division and he has always been a liability in the passing game and he is what, 35 years old? And has not been able to stay healthy for a few years. Time to put him out to pasture and get some fresher legs in the secondary who can run with the young WR;s we are facing every week.
    I couldn't agree with you more.

I did hear on the fan after work was that Spielman was open to bringing Winfield back. I wouldn't be surprised if we resign him with a contract that doesn't suck up 7 million of our cap this year. How many offers will he get? I wouldn't think he will get many because of his age and the fact that there are a shitload of defensive backs on the market.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast