Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 263

Thread: Winny released

  1. #31
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    on a side note, Asomugha is a fa now. Switch to a man-cover D, trade for Revis, Sign Asomugha, pick up Dunta Robinson. Blow all our cap on our top 3 corners. Recipe for success right there.

  2. #32
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    on a side note, Asomugha is a fa now. Switch to a man-cover D, trade for Revis, Sign Asomugha, pick up Dunta Robinson. Blow all our cap on our top 3 corners. Recipe for success right there.
    One out of three wouldn't be bad.

  3. #33
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Percy and Load were 2 of his bigger name draft picks. Who cares how well he drafts if he doesn't re-sign his good picks?
    It all depends on what he does to restock the roster. I'll sit back and let it play out before I deem the offseason a failure.

    Think of those two roster spots (Harvin and Loadholt) as two positions that produced way beyond their rookie contract paychecks.

  4. #34
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think you should let the offseason play out before you give the guy a grade. FA contract signings haven't even officially started yet.
    You missed the words so far.
    I don't care if he signes Moses to play Dline.
    So far... exposing our young core to FA is a mistake.
    It's been 2 seasons that we have failed to resign our talent before FAs. It's no coincedencehe has been incharge of both.

  5. #35
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Now, just shooting one out there,

    It's possible Winny was cut the same way AJ hawk got cut last year, and re-signs at a lower rate? There are times that this makes better financial sense than restructuring. The issue isn't this year his cap hit, it's the next few years. In a couple years, we only have a few vets whos contracts come up. Problem is, some vets back-loaded contracts will make it difficult to re-sign players.
    Good point. Very possible. I doubt there are a lot of teams that are lining up to pay a 35 year old corner top money. He probably either retires or decided to come back for a short term lower dollar contract.

  6. #36
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

    BREAKING: #Vikings have agreed to a multiyear contract with Phil Loadholt.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  7. #37
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    You missed the words so far.
    I don't care if he signes Moses to play Dline.
    So far... exposing our young core to FA is a mistake.
    It's been 2 seasons that we have failed to resign our talent before FAs. It's no coincedencehe has been incharge of both.
    What if he can get Moses for a lot less money than a current average at best talent on the roster who is out of synch with his worth.

    I think I would take Moses.

  8. #38
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

    BREAKING: #Vikings have agreed to a multiyear contract with Phil Loadholt.
    I guess now we can move to criticizing him on how much he overpaid this slow footed slug

  9. #39
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I guess now we can move to criticizing him on how much he overpaid this slow footed slug
    Already working on it... you forgot false start machine.

    Seriously, do you not understand how allowing them to hit the offseason drives up our price. Its not always under his control but come on!!!!

  10. #40
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Already working on it... you forgot false start machine.

    Seriously, do you not understand how allowing them to hit the offseason drives up our price. Its not always under his control but come on!!!!
    Seriously, do you really think you have all the information that goes into signing these players?

    Loadholt and his agent could very well have believed that they could get substantially more in FA then what the Vikings were offering. Once the negotiation period hit on Friday night, the true value of Loadholt becomes pretty apparent and it may very well be less than what he was willing to settle for prior to FA.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •