Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Winny released

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    What pisses me off is that our veteran players have to go to other teams to get a ring in the name of rebuilding the Vikings.

WWBGD

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The money is the essential the same. If Winfield makes the Seahawk's roster, he's guaranteed the $3 million.
    Right 3 million week 1.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Obviously, if you feel that way about 1 player, you should feel that way about others. Yet K-Will, who's play has gone downhill is due $7.5 million this year & you don't say jack shit about that.

Don't you think he's taking a check his body couldn't & he should be talking to Spielman and Bryzzy about taking a reduced salary and a reduced role?

Apparently not.
    Seems he got the hint when they cut Winny and he went to Spielman and reduced his contract this year and set the stage for them to send him on his way after the season.

And you know what- I think it was a good move and better for the team. I suppose you are going to throw a tantrum because they are treating him unfairly though.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    WTF? Why are you blowing up a playoff team, Rick?
    Gotta keep getting younger.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Seems he got the hint when they cut Winny and he went to Spielman and reduced his contract this year and set the stage for them to send him on his way after the season.

And you know what- I think it was a good move and better for the team. I suppose you are going to throw a tantrum because they are treating him unfairly though.
    Seems you're still living in your dream world where you think it's the players who are the ones going into Spielman's office or should be going in & begging for paycuts because they fear his wrath of being cut otherwise.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it generally doesn't work that way.

Spielman handled this one right & actually negotiated a restructure first, rather than cut him & then try & work a deal. Maybe he learned his lesson after handling it the wrong way with Winfield.

The deal also gave K-Will more guaranteed money.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Spielman handled this one right & actually negotiated a restructure first, rather than cut him & then try & work a deal. Maybe he learned his lesson after handling it the wrong way with Winfield.
    Or more likely, they were two completely different situations, with two different players, who are two completely different expectations about how they will play this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Or more likely, they were two completely different situations, with two different players, who are two completely different expectations about how they will play this year.
    I thought he tried to do that with Windfield and he refused to renegotiate, so Spielman had no choice.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I thought he tried to do that with Windfield and he refused to renegotiate, so Spielman had no choice.
    There are conflicting reports, so it depends on who you believe or what liberties you want to take with what little information is out there. From what I have been able to piece together, it sounds like there was verbal negotiation in which Winfield refused to take a pay cut, but no formal offer on paper.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    There are conflicting reports, so it depends on who you believe or what liberties you want to take with what little information is out there. From what I have been able to piece together, it sounds like there was verbal negotiation in which Winfield refused to take a pay cut, but no formal offer on paper.
    It was reported that Winfield's agent was approached at the combine, by the Vikings, and asked if Winfield would take a pay cut. The answer was no.
    It has to be assumed, Winfield was contacted by his agent prior to the no answer.
    But as you so wisely stated, two different players and two seperate situations regarding Winfield and Williams.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Winny released

But, but, I thought they just woke up one day and cut him out of the blue for no reason.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast