Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Winny released

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Seriously? So what you are saying is that signing Peterson was a bad thing? Purple Floyd is right about us not having much cap room the last couple years. You do remember Brett Favre right? Two years of him ate up a crap load of extra money that could of let's say resigned Winfield among others we have let go.
    Seriously, how the fuck did you arrive at that? Nowhere where did I ever say it was a bad thing.
    What I said was we manged to sign AD to a $100 mil contract in August. which would contradict PF's statement that "we had no free dollars to work with". How do you resign AD after you sign all your FA's & draftee's if you have zero dollars to work with?

Yes, we didn't have a ton of dollars, but apparently we had some to work with. You certainly don't have to remind me how much cap space Favre ate up. I was against it remember? Don't go complaining about how much they spent bringing Favre in here if you were all for it in the first place.

Other than AD they still managed to sign or resign 32 other FA's, including resigning Robison, Longwell, Henderson & Loeffler.

2011 NFL Free Agents
    Last edited by singersp; 03-26-2013 at 04:36 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    And how many more big dollar FA's were they bringing in?
    Just because we didn't sign a bunch of high dollar FA's doesn't mean we had no money to work with. Other than AD we signed or resigned 32 other FA's.

2011 NFL Free Agents

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Winny released

Well no shit Sherlock if course we had some money that was used to sign Peterson but that contract also may be part of the reason we didn't retain Winfield. For the love of god not everything is literally 100% one way or the other and dome of us aren't going to spend all friggin day digging back through old web releases looking for every mitral of info on every damn thing. It's a sports forum. If you want a crown for the title of the poster who has dredged the most old articles I can probably make you one.

But back to the topic maybe you could try and make the leap in thought that the stuff you just posted about Peterson's contract may have a direct relationship to current guys getting cut.

And to save you some link posting and such yes, there are a crap ton of other factors involved and I am not posting all of them or dredging up links to back them.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Well no shit Sherlock if course we had some money that was used to sign Peterson but that contract also may be part of the reason we didn't retain Winfield. For the love of god not everything is literally 100% one way or the other and dome of us aren't going to spend all friggin day digging back through old web releases looking for every mitral of info on every damn thing. It's a sports forum. If you want a crown for the title of the poster who has dredged the most old articles I can probably make you one.

But back to the topic maybe you could try and make the leap in thought that the stuff you just posted about Peterson's contract may have a direct relationship to current guys getting cut.

And to save you some link posting and such yes, there are a crap ton of other factors involved and I am not posting all of them or dredging up links to back them.
    Maybe its Allen's contact? If only we could do something about that? If only there was a position in the FO that worked hard to resign players who have bloated contracts. If only my team didn't feel the need to pay a non -QB Joe Flacco money!
    Last edited by kevoncox; 03-26-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post

Maybe its Allen's contact? If only we could do something about that? If only there was a position in the FO that worked hard to resign players who have bloated contracts. If only my team didn't feel the need to pay a non -QB Joe Flacco money!
    His contract is a big part of it too and that is the problem. Fans always want the front office to spend any amount necessary to bring in playerX and proclaim how great and smart it is and then when the contract ties up so much cap space and players get cut then they bitch that the FO didn't do something to keep them.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    The latest news regarding Winfield

Antoine Winfield considering other offers in advance of visit with Redskins

Although he is scheduled to pay the Redskins a visit Wednesday, free agent cornerback Antoine Winfield is also considering offers from at least two other teams, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

One of the teams interested in the services of the three-time Pro Bowl player is the Minnesota Vikings, Winfield’s employer for the last nine seasons. The Vikings released Winfield earlier this month because he was owed a salary of $7.25 million.
    Seems we could see a resolution on this soon in any case.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    For those arguing that we are in a rebuilding year, this article has us down as losing talent not gaining.

NFL's five strongest rosters - NFL.com

WWBGD

Blog Entries
    That same article has the Packers just missing the bubble even though they did nothing in FA and lost Jennings and cut Woodson. Plus the OL is going to lose a player or 2 and sucks even with them.

You just made my point. My post was a direct reply to your quote.

You also have to know that 2 years ago we were in a hell of a cap situation and had no free dollars to work with.
    Now you're saying we did have some. Yes, I went back 2 years because well, you see, you were talking about money we didn't have 2 years ago. That's the logical place to go. Knowing we resigned AD 2 years ago & only having to look only at the FA we signed that year was 2 searches. Hardly was that digging all day looking for every mitral of info. It was about 90 seconds.

Sure AD's contract does play a part in our cap situation today, but bringing his contract up or suggesting we restructure it for cap room is only going to bring wrath from several posters.

I'm sure you noticed how everyone keeps bringing up redoing JA's & K-Will's contract & no one is saying anything AD's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You just made my point. My post was a direct reply to your quote.

Now you're saying we did have some. Yes, I went back 2 years because well, you see, you were talking about money we didn't have 2 years ago. That's the logical place to go. Knowing we resigned AD 2 years ago & only having to look only at the FA we signed that year was 2 searches. Hardly was that digging all day looking for every mitral of info. It was about 90 seconds.

Sure AD's contract does play a part in our cap situation today, but bringing his contract up or suggesting we restructure it for cap room is only going to bring wrath from several posters.

I'm sure you noticed how everyone keeps bringing up redoing JA's & K-Will's contract & no one is saying anything AD's
    Did it occur to you that the contract you speak of may be a big reason that we didn't have FA dollars to spend on signing other players or resigning ones we have on the roster? If not, stop and think about it for a second and get back to me.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast