Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Winny released

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nodakpaul View Post
    but but but but i thought that it was "it was cold and callous."
    and he wasn't "given the opputunity to reduce his contract".
    And "spielman was just saying that [winfield could come back] to try and save face."
    and spielman was an "idiot that doesn't know his ass from his mouth" for cutting winfield.
    And this is a "train wreck of a offseason."

and every other overreaction in this thread.

Sorry, i just don't think that winfield commanded a $7.25 million base salary this year. I don't blame the vikings for wanting him to take a pay cut. I also don't blame winfield for wanting to see what the market looks like elsewhere.

So many people are looking for anything to support their belief that spielman was actually the 4th stooge that they forget that the nfl is a business, and business decisions are not always easy ones. Both spielman and winfield has to make difficult decisions, and in the end i think they both made decisions that were the best for the respective parties.
    lmao

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    But but but but I thought that it was "it was cold and callous."
    And he wasn't "given the opputunity to reduce his contract".
    And "Spielman was just saying that [Winfield could come back] to try and save face."
    And Spielman was an "idiot that doesn't know his ass from his mouth" for cutting Winfield.

And every other overreaction in this thread.

Sorry, I just don't think that Winfield commanded a $7.25 million base salary this year. I don't blame the Vikings for wanting him to take a pay cut. I also don't blame Winfield for wanting to see what the market looks like elsewhere.

So many people are looking for anything to support their belief that Spielman was actually the 4th stooge that they forget that the NFL is a business, and business decisions are not always easy ones. Both Spielman and Winfield has to make difficult decisions, and in the end I think they both made decisions that were the best for the respective parties.
    Way off the mark

Spielman clearly is the boogie man under the bed of aging veterans looking to feed off of their bloated contracts just to sign unkowns to single year contracts to feed his lust for cap space....he the dracula of the nfl (position formerly held by Al Davis) driving this team backwards with a losing record....well ok they did improve their record but his goal is to make the Vikings a none playoff team, team just made it to wildcard to spite him and his evil ways and his bumbling coaches (henchmen if you will) this is why the veterans fleed the building and hid as Speilman pulled a Voldemort on Antoine Potter.....and Spielman is the 5th Stooge....you overlooked Shemp.....Spielman fired him too

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    the dracula of the nfl (position formerly held by Al Davis)
    hahahahahaha
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Way off the mark

Spielman clearly is the boogie man under the bed of aging veterans looking to feed off of their bloated contracts just to sign unkowns to single year contracts to feed his lust for cap space....he the dracula of the nfl (position formerly held by Al Davis) driving this team backwards with a losing record....well ok they did improve their record but his goal is to make the Vikings a none playoff team, team just made it to wildcard to spite him and his evil ways and his bumbling coaches (henchmen if you will) this is why the veterans fleed the building and hid as Speilman pulled a Voldemort on Antoine Potter.....and Spielman is the 5th Stooge....you overlooked Shemp.....Spielman fired him too

That's why they played Webb in the playoff game. Now it's obvious, Ponders bruised and swollen arm was photoshopped.

Blog Entries
    And he pushed the 12th man on the field in 2009. Bastard!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    But but but but I thought that it was "it was cold and callous."
    And he wasn't "given the opputunity to reduce his contract".
    And "Spielman was just saying that [Winfield could come back] to try and save face."
    And Spielman was an "idiot that doesn't know his ass from his mouth" for cutting Winfield.

And every other overreaction in this thread.

Sorry, I just don't think that Winfield commanded a $7.25 million base salary this year. I don't blame the Vikings for wanting him to take a pay cut. I also don't blame Winfield for wanting to see what the market looks like elsewhere.

So many people are looking for anything to support their belief that Spielman was actually the 4th stooge that they forget that the NFL is a business, and business decisions are not always easy ones. Both Spielman and Winfield has to make difficult decisions, and in the end I think they both made decisions that were the best for the respective parties.
    I based my comments off of what Winfield stated. I have no reason to doubt him, although apparently you feel he's a liar. Based on what he said it did sound cold & callous. Based on what Frazier is saying days later it's painted differently. I guess it comes down to which one you believe.

I also never said Spielman was an "idiot that doesn't know his ass from his mouth" for cutting Winfield and this is a "train wreck of a offseason." But please, continue to put words in my mouth.

Based on that article & Winfield stated, how did his release sound to you? Pleasant? Here, I'll publish the quotes again so you can tell me how great of a meeting it sounded.

Winfield had been working out at the team’s facility just prior to the beginning of free agency when he was summoned upstairs and handed his walking papers in a dismissal that “proved incredibly awkward.”
    Spielman repeatedly said during a press conference Tuesday that they wouldn’t rule out a possible return of Winfield to the team, but, per Wiederer, Winfield was led to believe otherwise.
    .....contrary to other published reports, the Vikings never had formally proposed a possible restructuring of Winfield’s contract as a means of keeping him.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-20-2013 at 07:17 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    lmao
    This coming from the "YES" man who's biggest offseason fear was us signing Jennings & after we did changed his tune & said how good of a move it was.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I based my comments off of what Winfield stated. I have no reason to doubt him, although apparently you feel he's a liar. Based on what he said it did sound cold & callous. Based on what Frazier is saying days later it's painted differently. I guess it comes down to which one you believe.

I also never said Spielman was an "idiot that doesn't know his ass from his mouth" for cutting Winfield and this is a "train wreck of a offseason." But please, continue to put words in my mouth.

Based on that article & Winfield stated, how did his release sound to you? Pleasant? Here, I'll publish the quotes again so you can tell me how great of a meeting it sounded.
    All of those quotes are not attributed to you - I purposely left the names off because I wanted it to be a tongue-in-cheek post. However, every single one of those quotes were pulled from earlier pages in this thread.

My point is that a lot of people were quick to overreact and condemn Spielman - mostly because they want to be pissed off at Spielman, even though it is getting harder and harder as the offseason goes on. We see the same thing happening in other threads, often with the same people.

Of the flip side, in the past there have been people who overreact in the other direction, declaring the Vikings super bowl contenders at every turn of the offseason. I make sarcastic statements about them when it happens to...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    This coming from the "YES" man who's biggest offseason fear was us signing Jennings & after we did changed his tune & said how good of a move it was.
    It wasn't a fear, just a personal opinion. I didn't want them to bring brett in either but once they did I didn't make it a crusade to prove it to be a wrong move and i plan to be the same way with Jennings. Now the decision has been made and it is up to them to make it work. It looks to me like he does have a more cohesive plan than the team has had in a long time. Time will tell if it was the right move or not.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It wasn't a fear, just a personal opinion. I didn't want them to bring brett in either but once they did I didn't make it a crusade to prove it to be a wrong move and i plan to be the same way with Jennings. Now the decision has been made and it is up to them to make it work. It looks to me like he does have a more cohesive plan than the team has had in a long time. Time will tell if it was the right move or not.
    Very grown up of you! Not much fun though.

Let's how this new PF reacts when we draft Chance Warmack in the first round.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast