Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Winfield's Injury

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    how about we activate asher allen and see what he can do...
    +1

He was impressive in camp and preseason.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Big C is offline Coordinator

I would stick with Paymah. He just wasn't mentally prepared to play yesterday. From what I understand, we lost Sapp to injury too which is why Paymah saw a lot of playing time. From some of the preseason games, Paymah was better in coverage than Allen. Allen was good against the run but made some rookie mistakes in the pass. So I think Paymah will play better next week since he will be prepared and we might roll some safety help that way. They might keep him out of run support to simplify things for him and hope the front 7 can compensate.

We played without EJ most of last year and the defense adjusted itself with the likes of Herron, Circui and Harris. I am confident that we will adjust accordingly next week IN CASE Winfield is not available.

I don't see the point in trading for a top flight CB because:
    - What happens when Winfield comes back?
    - Sapp has played well in the nickel.
    - Asher Allen is being groomed to take over from Winfield.
    - We already have a lot of money invested in Winfield and Griffin.

- And finally, we have to save all our draft picks to land a franchise QB next year to take over when Favre retires (for the final time). Whether thats moving up the draft to nab Tebow or using them for a free agent QB if one becomes available.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Big" wrote:
    I would stick with Paymah. He just wasn't mentally prepared to play yesterday. From what I understand, we lost Sapp to injury too which is why Paymah saw a lot of playing time. From some of the preseason games, Paymah was better in coverage than Allen. Allen was good against the run but made some rookie mistakes in the pass. So I think Paymah will play better next week since he will be prepared and we might roll some safety help that way. They might keep him out of run support to simplify things for him and hope the front 7 can compensate.

We played without EJ most of last year and the defense adjusted itself with the likes of Herron, Circui and Harris. I am confident that we will adjust accordingly next week IN CASE Winfield is not available.

I don't see the point in trading for a top flight CB because:
    - What happens when Winfield comes back?
    - Sapp has played well in the nickel.
    - Asher Allen is being groomed to take over from Winfield.
    - We already have a lot of money invested in Winfield and Griffin.

- And finally, we have to save all our draft picks to land a franchise QB next year to take over when Favre retires (for the final time). Whether thats moving up the draft to nab Tebow or using them for a free agent QB if one becomes available.
    When was the last time I told you that you were wise beyond your years?
    Top shelf post my friend, top shelf indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

This whole Paymah thing has me scratching my head.

Obviously the team kept him over McCauley for ST's reasons and he has been a beast in that regard but it really showed last night that they should have probably thought that gamble through a bit considering the following:

a.
    Whinny tends to get hurt based on how he plays.
    b.
    Sapp can step in, but what happens if 1) Whinny goes down, 2) Whinny and Sapp both go down forcing a ST'r to step in.
    c.
    The odds were pretty high that we would get to the point that Karl should be playing.
    (Odds went out the window last night didn't they)

My opinion, Marcus wasn't playing to his potential like he did the first year when he filled in for Whinny and our ST's sucked so bad last year so I can almost understand the decision, but damn, last night I sure wish they would have not let Marcus go.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

My take, our D isnt' the same when he is in there.......... I think I am coming around to your way of thinking with respect to the cover 2.
    Something is drastically wrong with how the handover from zone to zone is being handled this year.

And no, it isn't because we let Sharp go for you yutz's who are going to chime in with that.
    I think we are using our LB's to much to rush/blitz again.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Thanks for the read My Farvish Friend.

My take, our D isnt' the same when he is in there.......... I think I am coming around to your way of thinking with respect to the cover 2.
    Something is drastically wrong with how the handover from zone to zone is being handled this year.

And no, it isn't because we let Sharp go for you yutz's who are going to chime in with that.

I think we are using our LB's to much to rush/blitz again.
    Too much and completely ineffectively.
    EJ hasn't exactly been planting QBs the way Ray Lewis planted Favre yesterday.
    Towards the end of the game I saw a LOT of active work by our LBs to man up at the LOS with TEs and RBs.
    I hope to see that going forward.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

Listening to Winfield on the PA show. He is on his way to get an MRI and he said he thinks he will rest this week but should be able to play on Sunday. Hope it is the case.

halfgiz is offline Training Camp

Bradshaw had a good write up.

We have seen the lowly Lions, the Packers and now the Ravens, with second-year quarterback Joe Flacco, hurt them big time in the passing game. I mean they very easily could have lost to the Ravens. Steve Hauschka, or whatever his name is, missed a field goal he should have made.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...-from-this-win

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast