Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Winfield's Absence Opens Door For McCauley

[size=13pt]Winfield's Absence Opens Door For Vikes' McCauley (June 5) [/size]

Updated at: 06/05/2007 05:40:37 PM

By: Ryan Kibbe
    KSTP.com

.....In Winfield's absence, enter Marcus McCauley, the Vikings 3rd-round draft pick. McCauley quietly took the majority of reps with the 1st team defense today. The Vikings rookie cornerback has garned more attention from the coaches....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Winfield's Absence Opens Door For cCauley

The more experience the better.

He's extremely talented, and if we get him working with the first team early he should get a decent amount of PT this year.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Fantasy Land...

It would be sweet if our Defense, including this kid, stepped it up enough to the point where we could politely ask the bitching Winfield that his services were no longer needed.
    His attitude towards the offense is detrimental to the team!
    ;D

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

You know, I love Winfield on our D. I hope he eventually buys into our scheme and comes back with a better attitude; however, if he doesn't, I think our D will do fine without him. I wonder what we could get in trade for him? He's one of the few guys on our team that I think has trade value. I'd rather keep him, but....

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"HornedHat" wrote:
    You know, I love Winfield on our D. I hope he eventually buys into our scheme and comes back with a better attitude; however, if he doesn't, I think our D will do fine without him. I wonder what we could get in trade for him? He's one of the few guys on our team that I think has trade value. I'd rather keep him, but....
    Interesting thought, although he is getting up there in age.
    If he is going to continually
    biatch and moan, I don't want him anymore.

With that said, I really think he'll come around.
    My only complaint is that he is acting like this before the season even starts...before he has even witnessed one OTA for that matter!!!
    Put a sock in it Winfield.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]McCauley gets reps as Winfield skips[/size]

DE Udeze sent home because of illness
    BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "HornedHat" wrote:
    Interesting thought, although he is getting up there in age.  If he is going to continually  biatch and moan, I don't want him anymore. 

With that said, I really think he'll come around.  My only complaint is that he is acting like this before the season even starts...before he has even witnessed one OTA for that matter!!!  Put a sock in it Winfield.
    Please find me a quote from this off-season where Winfield bitches and moans, outside of the context of being at mini-camp and having an assload of microphones shoved in his face because the press is desperate to create controversy.

You won't - because it doesn't exist.  All he is doing is not showing up AND people like you are putting words in his mouth.  Here is a quote from the actual article, which you clearly didn't bother to read:

There's a sense that his absence from this week's voluntary OTA's is a silent protest for what he felt was a lack of signicant moves to bolster the offense this offseason.
    I've highlighted the key phrases.
      - "...a sense..." :  so the press has to try to SENSE what Winfield wants, because

he's not taking his stance to the press.
      - "...silent protest..." : wait?  Winfield is being SILENT?  But, I thought he was

bitching and moaning?

Ready to acknowledge that you're full of it?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

I'm just glad we don't have anything worse to get worked up about at this point.

I don't really think this issue will mean a damn thing once they get going on the field.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    I'm just glad we don't have anything worse to get worked up about at this point.

I don't really think this issue will mean a damn thing once they get going on the field.
    Me, either, which is why it displeases me to see a classy athlete like Antoine being ripped apart for expressing his displeasure in the LEAST disruptive way he could.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Me, either, which is why it displeases me to see a classy athlete like Antoine being ripped apart for expressing his displeasure in the LEAST disruptive way he could.

=Z=
    Well, I would like to have seen Winfield participate, and keep his displeasure in house by talking to Childress. I don't think he'll get the team changed this way.

But I don't see it being a big disturbance, because Antoine is still smart and classy about it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast