Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Winfield won't be back until training camp

[size=13pt]Winfield won't be back until training camp[/size]

After completing the mandatory portion of the Vikings' offseason program, cornerback Antoine Winfield will not rejoin the team until training camp.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: June 03, 2007 – 7:14 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Winfield won't be back until training camp

Three minutes later, cornerback Antoine Winfield stood quietly off to the side, sounding as skeptical as ever about the team's potential for significant improvement over last season's 6-10 record. He said that he will skip the remainder of the Vikings' offseason program, apparently disappointed with their prospects for 2007.

"I don't think anything is going to change," he said.
    Apparrently Winfield is still unhappy about a FA move, one or more players that was let go or something the Vikings failed to address in the offseason.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Talent aside, as far as I'm concerned, if Winfield wants out, we should trade him. This is a team sport and if he wants to make waves and cause these types of off the field issues because the team isn't going in the direction that he wants it to be he should be shown the door. I like his play on the field very much, but come on, just shut up and play. We don't need this kind of crap. He can get involved in team management when his playing days are over.
    Even babies know the difference.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I just don't have much respect for what he is doing.
    I agree that if he wants to act this way then trade him.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I think its Part Winfeild and Part the Media making it out to be bigger than what it is. Hopefully this can al just turn into water under the bridge.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Sean Jensen - St. Paul Pioneer Press
    After completing his final practice of the mandatory three-day mini-camp, Vikings CB Antoine Winfield doesn't feel any better than he did before.
    Asked if he had come to a resolution, he said, "Oh no. I’m still pretty much at the same spot.
    "Like I said, it was good to get back out here, and be around the guys, and get back out there and work on my technique, and seeing different looks, and trying to learn the scheme and all. But I’m still at where I am."
    Winfield was careful with his words, but he indicated that his issue was with the team's lack of effort to upgrade the offense. That, apparently, will compel him to continue to work out on his own and skip next week's Organized Team Activities.
    "Pretty much, I’m going to do this thing on my own. Work out on my own. I don’t feel like I really need to be around here," he said. "I pretty much know the defense now. I know what I need to work on, when I’m away from here. I don’t think anything is going to change."
    After that, Winfield had a telling comment, "They’re not going to bring in Peyton Manning, or anything like that."
    Asked if personnel is his issue, Winfield said, "I'm not going to go into that.
    "I’ll leave that one alone."
    But Winfield also made clear that he believes in Tarvaris Jackson, despite his Manning comment.
    "I thought he has the skills to play at this level. He has a great arm. He’s definitely picking up on his offense a lot better. Getting the ball out of his hands fast. Going through his reads," Winfield said of Jackson. "I definitely have a lot of confidence in him.
    Although there is significant time before players have to report to training camp on July 25, Winfield said his issues will not get resolved.
    "I don’t think it’ll be any change, or anything like that," he said.
    "The team is not going to change," he later said. "Nothing is going to change.
    As for training camp, Winfield said he will be there.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"Garland" wrote:
    I think its Part Winfeild and Part the Media making it out to be bigger than what it is. Hopefully this can al just turn into water under the bridge.
    Sounds pretty clear to me;

Winfield was careful with his words, but he indicated that his issue was with the team's lack of effort to upgrade the offense.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Winfield was careful with his words, but he indicated that his issue was with the team's lack of effort to upgrade the offense.
    I guess I would like to hear what exactly he would like to make better with the Offense? RB huge upgrade with AP, I could see WR and TE, OL seems pretty solid.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

I guess I would like to hear what exactly he would like to make better with the Offense? RB huge upgrade with AP, I could see WR and TE, OL seems pretty solid.
    How about QB? He plays against them everyday in practice, I think that he'd recognize a good QB if he saw one.

That's what I'm worried about as well.

[size=13pt]Winfield has seen enough[/size]

Cornerback to skip this week's workouts

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 06/03/2007 10:14:05 PM CDT

After the final practice of the mandatory minicamp, Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield insisted he would continue to be more absent than present at Winter Park this offseason.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast