WInfield update?

Have any of you Twin City locals heard any updates on Winfield? I had heard that he reaggrivated a fractured hand. Will he have any chance of playing next week? There was a HUGE dropoff with him out of the lineup.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield could miss Packers game - CBSSports.com

And by Packers game they mean the next Packers game. This article was posted online about 20 minutes ago. Also Harrison Smith is listed as "Questionable," due to a shoulder stinger he suffered late in the game, at his ESPN player page here:

Harrison Smith Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Minnesota Vikings - ESPN

If both of these guys are out next week I'm going to be worried.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    As you should, the Vikings defense held the Packers pretty much in check until they went out; then it was an air show.

The Vikings DB depth is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheViking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    As you should, the Vikings defense held the Packers pretty much in check until they went out; then it was an air show.

The Vikings DB depth is lacking.
    Yeah I don't think, with Ponder's limited and inconsistent passing ability, we can afford to get into another shootout with Rodgers. I'm not sure we can win two in a row like that. We need pass D.
    Last edited by EricTheViking; 01-01-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    An NFL source said Winfield aggravated the injury when a lineman hit the hand, causing it to swell up. If the swelling subsides as expected, the source said, Winfield should be able to play in some capacity on Saturday with a larger soft cast protecting the injury.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    We need the secondary that started the game last week to be healthy or we need mother nature to knock the shit out of us with a snowstorm. Turn the game into a run game and we win.

Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    We need the secondary that started the game last week to be healthy or we need mother nature to knock the shit out of us with a snowstorm. Turn the game into a run game and we win.
    Wow, wouldnt that be a blessing! Thanks for the updates guys!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

raptorman is offline Starter
    I think Winfields hand has to be three times it's normal size to keep him out of this game. And the Stinger to Cook, he will play. But why let the Packers know?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    Bad weather favors the passing game more than the run. Receivers know were they are going; defenders do not. Bad wind on the other hand ....