Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    From what we saw from Winfield last year there is alot of room for improvement.
    Say what?

He's the best tackler on the team, never comes off the field and plays special teams.
    While everyone can always improve, I will argue the "alot (sic) of room for improvement" on Antoine until the cows come home and make dinner.

=Z=
    The pass defense was horrid, if he is a leader of the defense then he should make it his job to improve his play and the rest of the defenses play. I don't think that he is a top 10 corner in the NFL.
    His job is not to be a top ten corner in this league. His goal is to be the best CB for the Vikings and he is without a doubt that.

Voluntary Minnesota Vikings practices are not going to jettison him into elite status for the entire NFL. He is a Top 5 tackling cornerback easily. Coverage has never been his thing, but we play zone anyways. Over all I would agree not top ten, but where we differ is that has no bearing on what he can do for our team imo.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Del" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Say what?

He's the best tackler on the team, never comes off the field and plays special teams.
    While everyone can always improve, I will argue the "alot (sic) of room for improvement" on Antoine until the cows come home and make dinner.

=Z=
    The pass defense was horrid, if he is a leader of the defense then he should make it his job to improve his play and the rest of the defenses play. I don't think that he is a top 10 corner in the NFL.
    His job is not to be a top ten corner in this league. His goal is to be the best CB for the Vikings and he is without a doubt that.

Voluntary Minnesota Vikings practices are not going to jettison him into elite status for the entire NFL. He is a Top 5 tackling cornerback easily. Coverage has never been his thing, but we play zone anyways. Over all I would agree not top ten, but where we differ is that has no bearing on what he can do for our team imo.
    Unfortunetly his rank on the vikings depth chart is not going to mean a whole lot because the vikings will be playing the rest of the NFL. I agree that these camps don't have a big impact for veterans, but they can't hurt.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Is the reason the pass defense was horrid because Winfield was blowing coverages or missing tackles?

Or was it horrible because there was ZERO pass rush, which is essential to the success of the Cover 2 style of defense?
    Was it horrible because the Vikings didn't have a MLB who could cover the middle of the field?

NONE of us have ANY idea why Antoine is not coming to the VOLUNTARY OTAs.
    I believe if Childress had an issue with it, there would be a bit more in the press about that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Say what?

=Z=

Unfortunetly his rank on the vikings depth chart is not going to mean a whole lot because the vikings will be playing the rest of the NFL. I agree that these camps don't have a big impact for veterans, but they can't hurt.
    Every scheme is different. If everything was equal then you would have an argument. Its not. As long as he fits our scheme and excels in our scheme what the rest of the NFL's corner backs do is of no concern.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Del" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Say what?

=Z=

Ranking against all NFL LB/DB
    27 Solo Tackles
    18 (Tied) Int

Vikes
    2nd Tackles
    2nd Solo
    1rst Pass Defended
    1rst (Tied Int)
    3rd Tackles for loss
    etc etc etc.

Pretty respectable stats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2006
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/stats?team=min

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

he is the best run support corner in the game. put his stats up against anyones.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    It has been reported that Steve Hutchinson is ALSO skipping this camp!

Oh no!
    He's ruining the whole o-line with his malfeasance!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Oh no!

=Z=
    He's going to hold out for more money! lol

I never worry about veterans missing OTA's. It's one long ass season. Vets need to pace and conserve.

It's easy for fans to get early enthusiasm but I like to see the players have something left in December when it may count.

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Oh no!

=Z=
    He's going to hold out for more money! lol

I never worry about veterans missing OTA's. It's one long ass season. Vets need to pace and conserve.

It's easy for fans to get early enthusiasm but I like to see the players have something left in December when it may count.

I realize steve is making a ton but he still has to be thinking he could have really made a killing had he waited and become an unristricted free agent this offseason.

I don't think a little working out is going to take alot from the tank come december, preseason games seem to be when people get injured and wear themselves out.

I sure hope that line can gel in week one instead of week 6 or 7 when the season is already a bust.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast