Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

"Del" wrote:
    It would be the equivilent of you mastering your trade and being required to sit through meetings telling you not to forget to wipe your jiggly butt.
    Damn, I hate those meetings. ;D

I understand your point.
    I just hope that it is just some time off, and not a disagreement with the orgainzation.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Apparently Marcus Robinson was Winfields best friend on the team and he was really upset the way the Vikes released Robinson before the last game of the season.

He also was very upset about the offensive production and doesn't like that the team went from an offensive juggernaut when he signed with Randy and Daunte to rebuilding the offense.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Del" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Well I think the essential people to show to these things are guys who are new, who will benifit from it.

I think a vetran who is assured a starting job would possibly benifit from an extra vacation. Honest to god if the guy is taking his kids to disney land I say great for him.

Your body isnt designed to be abused like they do. If you are a vet, one of our best players yes even last year......then screw the non essential practices. Chemistry is born on the field and locker room. Voluntary practices are not that important imo.

Also kill preseason altogether, or make it 1-2 games. Stop squeezing money out of every pore.
    I don't disagree with you regarding the importance of them, but the fact is that they exist. And while voluntary, the expectation is to show up.

When players skip out on one, or in Winfield's case - two, they are usually trying to make some kind of statement.
    I just hope that Winfield is taking his kids on an apparently really long trip to Disneyland...
    We assume the worst.

These players have lives, as long as he is there with bells on come mandatory time I say good for him. He earned it. It would be the equivilent of you mastering your trade and being required to sit through meetings telling you not to forget to wipe your ass.
    From what we saw from Winfield last year there is alot of room for improvement. More time watching film and learning from all the coaches cannot be a bad thing. Plus showing up shows that you will do whatever it takes to make the team better. It is helpful for the rest of the defense if he is there because they can start to get an idea of what each person on the defense is capable of and will be responsible for. It is not like Pro football players work so much more than everybody else, he had a few months off(Dec, jan, feb, mar, april) to take the family to disney land. He should be a leader and be there.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Oh yay, another article designed to cause controversy.

Let him have his time off. He's paid his dues.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Well I think the essential people to show to these things are guys who are new, who will benifit from it.

I think a vetran who is assured a starting job would possibly benifit from an extra vacation. Honest to god if the guy is taking his kids to disney land I say great for him.

Your body isnt designed to be abused like they do. If you are a vet, one of our best players yes even last year......then screw the non essential practices. Chemistry is born on the field and locker room. Voluntary practices are not that important imo.

Also kill preseason altogether, or make it 1-2 games. Stop squeezing money out of every pore.
    I don't disagree with you regarding the importance of them, but the fact is that they exist. And while voluntary, the expectation is to show up.

When players skip out on one, or in Winfield's case - two, they are usually trying to make some kind of statement.
    I just hope that Winfield is taking his kids on an apparently really long trip to Disneyland...
    We assume the worst.

These players have lives, as long as he is there with bells on come mandatory time I say good for him. He earned it. It would be the equivilent of you mastering your trade and being required to sit through meetings telling you not to forget to wipe your ass.
    From what we saw from Winfield last year there is alot of room for improvement. More time watching film and learning from all the coaches cannot be a bad thing. Plus showing up shows that you will do whatever it takes to make the team better. It is helpful for the rest of the defense if he is there because they can start to get an idea of what each person on the defense is capable of and will be responsible for. It is not like Pro football players work so much more than everybody else, he had a few months off(Dec, jan, feb, mar, april) to take the family to disney land. He should be a leader and be there.
    Being one of the best defenders on the team last year I think he has room for rest and relaxation. Voluntary......end of story. The rest is just bullshit. I think you underestimate the day a pro athlete puts in at his job, it is more then your 9-5. They travel, are never home with their families, sometimes they dont even live in the same state as them.

I could give a shit if him not being there makes some self-entitled fans upset. He isnt required to be there. He should spend his time doing what he wants.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

"Freya" wrote:
    Oh yay, another article designed to cause controversy.

Let him have his time off. He's paid his dues.
    This happens every year right?

Brian Williams misses VOLUNTARY camps which are by NFL rule voluntary for a reason so your body does not disintigrate into mush.......he comes back that year and has a very solid showing. Apparently he knew the scheme just fine.

Every year people cry about this.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Del" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

We assume the worst.

Being one of the best defenders on the team last year I think he has room for rest and relaxation. Voluntary......end of story. The rest is just bullshit. I think you underestimate the day a pro athlete puts in at his job, it is more then your 9-5. They travel, are never home with their families, sometimes they dont even live in the same state as them.

I could give a shit if him not being there makes some self-entitled fans upset. He isnt required to be there. He should spend his time doing what he wants.
    You are right that he is not required to attend(the union makes sure of that). I am just saying that when it comes time to do extensions the team will look at who does all the extra things and who just shows up when there agent tell them they have too.
    I understand that players have lives outside of football but this is a camp where the rest of the team is (in minnesota, no traveling required) that really kicks off the start of the season.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    From what we saw from Winfield last year there is alot of room for improvement.
    Say what?

He's the best tackler on the team, never comes off the field and plays special teams.
    While everyone can always improve, I will argue the "alot (sic) of room for improvement" on Antoine until the cows come home and make dinner.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Say what?

He's the best tackler on the team, never comes off the field and plays special teams.
    While everyone can always improve, I will argue the "alot (sic) of room for improvement" on Antoine until the cows come home and make dinner.

=Z=
    Couldnt agree more.

He is a vetran, he plays hard every down and is always making plays. Him missing voluntary practice and Greenway missing would not be the same thing IMO.

I guarantee when the season rolls around they still look up to AW. The cb crew will not be like WHAT YOU MISSED voluntary practice!!!! You are no longer a leader.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Say what?

=Z=
    The pass defense was horrid, if he is a leader of the defense then he should make it his job to improve his play and the rest of the defenses play. I don't think that he is a top 10 corner in the NFL.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast