Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Winfield to skip activities this week


    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #2
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    Smoot's fault.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  3. #3
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,543

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    prolly a good reason why.. he's usually the first one there..

    and u know he wants to show up the up and comin kids.. he's 2 much the competitor..

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    Korey Stringer Good Guy
    There's 4 words that belong together.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    Isn't this like the second thing he has missed.


    Sure hope there isn't something going on here.
    Just isn't like him.


    Things are going just to good for a bit of hate and discontent from one of our best D-players.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    I'm not worried.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    I am a little worried.
    This is the second straight set of OTAs that he missed.
    And nobody is saying why.
    If he was missing it for valid reasons, both the Vikings and his agent would issue some type of release explaining it...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    Well I think the essential people to show to these things are guys who are new, who will benifit from it.

    I think a vetran who is assured a starting job would possibly benifit from an extra vacation. Honest to god if the guy is taking his kids to disney land I say great for him.

    Your body isnt designed to be abused like they do. If you are a vet, one of our best players yes even last year......then screw the non essential practices. Chemistry is born on the field and locker room. Voluntary practices are not that important imo.

    Also kill preseason altogether, or make it 1-2 games. Stop squeezing money out of every pore.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    "Del" wrote:
    Well I think the essential people to show to these things are guys who are new, who will benifit from it.

    I think a vetran who is assured a starting job would possibly benifit from an extra vacation. Honest to god if the guy is taking his kids to disney land I say great for him.

    Your body isnt designed to be abused like they do. If you are a vet, one of our best players yes even last year......then screw the non essential practices. Chemistry is born on the field and locker room. Voluntary practices are not that important imo.

    Also kill preseason altogether, or make it 1-2 games. Stop squeezing money out of every pore.
    I don't disagree with you regarding the importance of them, but the fact is that they exist. And while voluntary, the expectation is to show up.

    When players skip out on one, or in Winfield's case - two, they are usually trying to make some kind of statement.
    I just hope that Winfield is taking his kids on an apparently really long trip to Disneyland...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Winfield to skip activities this week

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Well I think the essential people to show to these things are guys who are new, who will benifit from it.

    I think a vetran who is assured a starting job would possibly benifit from an extra vacation. Honest to god if the guy is taking his kids to disney land I say great for him.

    Your body isnt designed to be abused like they do. If you are a vet, one of our best players yes even last year......then screw the non essential practices. Chemistry is born on the field and locker room. Voluntary practices are not that important imo.

    Also kill preseason altogether, or make it 1-2 games. Stop squeezing money out of every pore.
    I don't disagree with you regarding the importance of them, but the fact is that they exist. And while voluntary, the expectation is to show up.

    When players skip out on one, or in Winfield's case - two, they are usually trying to make some kind of statement.
    I just hope that Winfield is taking his kids on an apparently really long trip to Disneyland...
    We assume the worst.

    These players have lives, as long as he is there with bells on come mandatory time I say good for him. He earned it. It would be the equivilent of you mastering your trade and being required to sit through meetings telling you not to forget to wipe your ass.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs bar Johnson from team activities
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 10:42 AM
  2. (MERGED) the week we should bring winfield back
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
  3. Replies: 304
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 06:57 AM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 09:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •