Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Winfield says he's 'good to go'

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield says he's 'good to go' for Monday night

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield says he's 'good to go' for Monday night - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It won't probably hurt to have him in the game but he sure isn't going to be any help covering that group of WR's. Maybe he can get a good shot in on Rodgers during a blitz and slow him down a bit but otherwise he isn't going to change anything.

Although Frazier was a dumbass for not waiting until game time to stick him in because we now lost the element of surprise. Hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It won't probably hurt to have him in the game but he sure isn't going to be any help covering that group of WR's. Maybe he can get a good shot in on Rodgers during a blitz and slow him down a bit but otherwise he isn't going to change anything.

Although Frazier was a dumbass for not waiting until game time to stick him in because we now lost the element of surprise. Hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.
    He's a DB, not a QB.

And if you still believe there was no video on Ponder or that McCarthy & the team didn't watch video of him, you just might try GOOGLEing it.

There was & they did.

BTW, my guess is they are not going to target Winfield's side of the field as much as they would have if Asher Allen was defending it, but you feel free to think they will.
    Last edited by singersp; 11-09-2011 at 08:24 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Winfield is an upgrade over Asher, he will be needed as will every other guy pretending to be a DB on our roster.

I do like the idea of sending Winfield after Rodgers though, hell I wouldn't mind seeing all 11 on the opening play barreling after Rodgers and planting his smug ass into the hallowed Lambeau turf just to set the tone.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It would work especially well if they had been preparing for Asher all week and then we sent out Winfield unannounced.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    It would work especially well if they had been preparing for Asher all week and then we sent out Winfield unannounced.
    I'm sure they would be mystified. Unfortunately, I think they are preparing for us to have nobody playing DB on Monday.

I'm glad he's back, too bad he's not ten years younger.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Could of used Cook out there...thanks dipshit.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Well Green Bay didn't work out during the lock out so I'm sure that will counterbalance such a significantly egregious error by Frazier.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Winfield is an upgrade over Asher, he will be needed as will every other guy pretending to be a DB on our roster.

I do like the idea of sending Winfield after Rodgers though, hell I wouldn't mind seeing all 11 on the opening play barreling after Rodgers and planting his smug ass into the hallowed Lambeau turf just to set the tone.
    Would love to see Winfield sent on every down to plant Rodgers ..... He is a smug punk pretty boy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast