Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Winfield has a change of heart.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

I agree with that and Chilly also concieded that he would let Bevell call the plays this year. ;D
    Is that a done deal? There was talk about it but I don't recall reading that it was going to be a for sure thing.
    Sounds like there is a good possibility it will happen, but I was making a joke!
    I think it will happen. To what extent of play calling he'll let Bevell do, I'm not sure, but I'm sure he will be calling some of the plays.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Childress deferred comment on that to one of Winfield's agents, Ashanti Webb, who described an improved line of communication over the past few months between a coach still figuring out how to relate to his team and a player with an introverted personality.
    I hope Winfield set his ass straight on a few things........

Like listening to your players, especially the vets with years of experiences in the trenches.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    Childress deferred comment on that to one of Winfield's agents, Ashanti Webb, who described an improved line of communication over the past few months between a coach still figuring out how to relate to his team and a player with an introverted personality.
    I hope Winfield set his ass straight on a few things........

Like listening to your players, especially the vets with years of experiences in the trenches.
    Singer!

You are the bearer of good tidings. I was soooo happy to wake up and see that not only was there football-related posts, but that 'Toine and B.C. are cool once again.

THAT is a relief...
    -Sno

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Good post singer...thats the bearer of good news...well..usually.. :P

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Singer!

You are the bearer of good tidings. I was soooo happy to wake up and see that not only was there football-related posts, but that 'Toine and B.C. are cool once again.

THAT is a relief...
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    In all fairness, it was UndisputedVike who posted the first article ahead of me. He beat me by a few minutes while I was printing off some pictures.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

Singer!

THAT is a relief...
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    In all fairness, it was UndisputedVike who posted the first article ahead of me. He beat me by a few minutes while I was printing off some pictures.
    Oops!
    :P

I just assumed it was you...

Thanx UV!
    -Sno

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    I hope Winfield set his jiggly butt straight on a few things........

I am sure the head coach is now currently on the "Winfield" program and is marching to the CB's instructions.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I am sure the head coach is now currently on the "Winfield" program and is marching to the CB's instructions.
    :
    LMAO.

I imagine there was some give on both sides.
    Childress did need to learn how to better communicate with his players.
    This is proof that he is learning from some of his mistakes.
    The measure of a good coach is not his first season's record, but how well he can learn from the mistakes he made...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

:
    I'm not saying he's telling him how to coach or do his job, but there are times players see things on the field & feel adjustments could be made & I think the coach should at least here them out. If you read my post I said "on a few things".

Childress doesn't do enough of that. There were issues about that last year by some of the players. Most notably Marcus Johnson & I believe Sharper.

"Several players -- most notably receiver Marcus Robinson -- criticized Childress for his inconsistent interaction with them last season. Robinson termed the situation "a total lack of communication" after Childress released him on Christmas Eve."

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1250603.html

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Your right about sometimes players see some things, but in todays world, especially with offensive stars that you must balance what they may be seeing, against their desire to increase their stats.

Remember, Moss and TO are open on every play.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast