Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Winfield criticizes defensive scheme

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't think he wants to walk. I think he is saying what I have been saying for over a year.

Ted Cottrell does not put his players in a position to succeed. That's why you flame Brian Russel, that's why Brian Williams gets flamed, that's why Corey Chavous gets flamed.....that is why you had two safties have huge numbers and then become non exsistant.

Ted Cottrell is a waste of space, and his players know it.

This is exactly what I was talking about a month ago when it was leaked that some of the players are confused with the Scheme, it was only a matter of time before someone snapped. I know for a fact the players talk about it amongst themselves. I predict Ted Cottrell will step down before the season ends.
    I admire Winfield more now then I ever did. The scheme is horrible, and I agree with him it is handcuffing the players. You should try to make a scheme that feeds your players abilities. Not force a piss poor plan on your players. It breaks their morale it breaks their spirits, and it turns them against you.

You are the weakest link Ted Cottrell.....................goodbye.
    Great Post! And, I HOPE your prediction is correct.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    AW is being a voice of reason.

"That's a problem," he said. "It's like we go out there blind. Nothing happens on the sidelines, and they run the same plays over and over again."

If you watch enough game film of the Vikings you begin to see exactly what he is saying is true.

Ted is trying to make his players conform to his schemes. He is so stubborn and so eager to show the world what "Ted" can do that his plans cannot falter.

He doesn't make adjustments. There is nothing wrong with his scheme in his mind. He needs better players that is the ANSWER. I fricken hate Ted Cottrell more then anyone on this team, more then Red Mcombs himself. Because he single handedly squandered and suffocated any potential we had this season.

He takes our best defensive lineman KWILL and puts him on the end WHAT THE F... I mean Tice even stated in his press conference Kwill plays better on the inside. Jesus. Tice should not of second guessed his argument with Cottrell on the sidelines against greenbay. You were right Tice, go with your gut. Take you god damned team back.

Move K-will to end, fail to install any form of stunts, any form of advanced blitzing packages, put your players on an island. Turn two pro bowl safties that excelled in doing what SAFTIES ARE meant to do into water boys......

F!!ck!

excuse the rant but gol 'darnit it, how many people on here have been saying the same pooh for over a year.....a freaking year it has been obvious and why hasn't anything been done? I hope the owner cans this coaching staff before they lose players. That's my opinion right there.

I like the guys on the field they have talent each and everyone of them. I don't want to lose anymore. The owner is going to need to show he has the players best interests in mind and get them some real leadership on that sideline.
    Sorry for quoting you twice, but I just read this one as well. You're rant is excused, because it's the honest truth!

This season is SO fustrating!

bender_over is offline Rookie

Good thoughts on Ted, Del Rio. My mood went from frustration that Smoot was forced to cover Steve Smith by himself, to anger, to amazement, and finally to laughter. It's truly sad when your average football fan is sitting there, knowing we need to adjust and waiting for an adjustment...waiting for an adjustment...waiting for an adjustment...

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Cotrell is gone. Zygi needs to see the players angry about this and replace the coaching staff, clean sweep.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    AW is being a voice of reason.

"That's a problem," he said. "It's like we go out there blind. Nothing happens on the sidelines, and they run the same plays over and over again."

If you watch enough game film of the Vikings you begin to see exactly what he is saying is true.

Ted is trying to make his players conform to his schemes. He is so stubborn and so eager to show the world what "Ted" can do that his plans cannot falter.

He doesn't make adjustments. There is nothing wrong with his scheme in his mind. He needs better players that is the ANSWER. I fricken hate Ted Cottrell more then anyone on this team, more then Red Mcombs himself. Because he single handedly squandered and suffocated any potential we had this season.

He takes our best defensive lineman KWILL and puts him on the end WHAT THE F... I mean Tice even stated in his press conference Kwill plays better on the inside. Jesus. Tice should not of second guessed his argument with Cottrell on the sidelines against greenbay. You were right Tice, go with your gut. Take you god damned team back.

Move K-will to end, fail to install any form of stunts, any form of advanced blitzing packages, put your players on an island. Turn two pro bowl safties that excelled in doing what SAFTIES ARE meant to do into water boys......

F!!ck!

excuse the rant but gol 'darnit it, how many people on here have been saying the same pooh for over a year.....a freaking year it has been obvious and why hasn't anything been done? I hope the owner cans this coaching staff before they lose players. That's my opinion right there.

I like the guys on the field they have talent each and everyone of them. I don't want to lose anymore. The owner is going to need to show he has the players best interests in mind and get them some real leadership on that sideline.
    Sorry for quoting you twice, but I just read this one as well. You're rant is excused, because it's the honest truth!

This season is SO fustrating!
    Yep, it is the truth. Cotrell, Loney, Tice, See Ya'.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    Cotrell is gone. Zygi needs to see the players angry about this and replace the coaching staff, clean sweep.

They do need a clean sweep of the coaching staff, but also the players!

They need to find out who has heart and who can play in this league on a weekly bases. If the players are more worried about what they do off the field, than on the field then boot them off the team. Get new players that want to win, and want to play every down.

So it looks like we will be in a rebuilding mode for the next couple of years!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:

They need to find out who has heart and who can play in this league on a weekly bases. If the players are more worried about what they do off the field, than on the field then boot them off the team. Get new players that want to win, and want to play every down.

I don't know, if there is one thing the Vikings have/had this season, it's talent, just nobody to put that talent into a solid unit....Whatever it takes....

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "akvikefan89" wrote:

I think that most of that STARTS with the Coaching Staff.

Del Rio Guest

I wouldn't release any players until they get some coaches in there with backbones that know how to coach.

It would be a shame to let a very talented young man go because of some problems, when he is not being given the guidence to go.

I know from limited experience that being forced to play under poor design, or tyrant type coaching rips the heart from your chest. These are people you should be fighting with/and for. Not people you should be doubting, or arguing with.

I also know how fast you can rebound when that dead weight is cut off and you begin to play with some energy again for a person/cause you believe in. What ever coach comes in here, regardless of who it is will be successful as long as they have a strict work ethic and adjust according to the players.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Yay for winfield, I don't normally like to see players complaining... but I don't normally agree with them either so... :grin:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast