Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Winfield appears doubtful for Sunday

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I think the rotation worked well last weekend to the point that he needs to sit and get 100%.
    We will need him in the playoffs.

By the by, that double CB blitz ole Leslie dialed up was such a suprise that I actually missed it when Asher caused the strip.

More props for Coach Frazier.
    Hell of a game plan.
    I'm on the Frazier boat, people tend to rip on him and I have been impressed with his adjustments.
    He took Tomlin's run-stuffing D and is gradually tweaking it and adjusting it based on circumstances.
    I have no beef with him at this time that can't be construed as being nitpicky.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I think the rotation worked well last weekend to the point that he needs to sit and get 100%.
    We will need him in the playoffs.

By the by, that double CB blitz ole Leslie dialed up was such a suprise that I actually missed it when Asher caused the strip.

More props for Coach Frazier.
    Hell of a game plan.
    I'm on the Frazier boat, people tend to rip on him and I have been impressed with his adjustments.
    He took Tomlin's run-stuffing D and is gradually tweaking it and adjusting it based on circumstances.
    I have no beef with him at this time that can't be construed as being nitpicky.
    I recall Tomlin's inability to make adjustments. Brady showed how to beat his cover 2 defense. Everybody followed suit. Tomlin couldn't adjust. Frazier has.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NFLN last night cited Winney could be out for a month essentially missing 3 games (PIT, GB, DET).

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Agreed.

On a side note, reps now for Asher and the other backups, will only strenghthen the team for the playoffs.

Whinny sits a few weeks, gets some fresh legs/healthy, Asher gets some reps with the ones, nothing but good can come of it, especially if they play the way they did last weekend.

Big Ben and the leagues leading reciever were pretty much shut down.

I was really happy with the way our committee of CBs played. Makes me feel a lot better about our secondary going into the Green Bay game.

Also, I didn't realize until you mentioned it that we were blitzing two CBs when Asher got his strip.
    Wow.
    On a side note, was that the idiotic play where we tried to pick the fumble up and run instead of pouncing on it. IT squirted straight OOB!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789