Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winfield

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Winfield

I think he fell on TO

And the CHI play the ball was totally on the opposite side of the receiver and the receiver had to make a huge adjustment to make that catch. Win was right with him.

He is doing fine. I think when you pay someone that much money, we expect more from them like interceptions. He will get his sooner or later.

Don't give up on the WIN

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Winfield

"Del Rio" wrote:
    No one expects him to be perfect. I think he is a great player. But you get caught on you didn't do your job.
    It's easy for a corner to get caught being beat. It's the most visible position on the defense. Winfield can shut a receiver down 10 times, then get beat once and all people will talk about is when he got beat.

I have no complaints with the guy really. He has been worth every penny we spent on him. The stats on our pass defense may be horrible but that will change as the season goes on. Winfield is doing the things we brought him here to do.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Del Rio Guest

Winfield

That's a great point easy to see the mistakes. Hard to point out the good stuff. Very valid point

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

Winfield

it could be worse...the vikes could still be starting Eric Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Winfield

When the DB, S, & CBs get recognition is when the D gets sacks which we haven't got lots of this year. Until then, that position will not be noticed or recognized as a good core of players.

That is one of the commentators standbys in the booth "oh did they have good coverage downfield which caused the sack."

Winfield

I'm not saying Winfield is bad whatsoever, but I have seen him get beat deep a few times, and that is somewhat of a concern for us I think. I think that he tries to play extra hard and attempts to do the jobs of others on the field, leaving him exposed to getting beat downfield. It also might be somewhat of the safetys' faults as well. I think we will become a more compact unit as the year wears on. Time will tell

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Winfield

Winfield is much better than what the Vikes D has fielded at CB for many years (we used to get good CBs, but the management wouldn't resign them when their contracts came up...Dwayne Washington, for example). I'll take him over what we have put out there in the last several years.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Winfield

Id take winfield over a lot of the second rated cbs on most teams rosters. Granted someone has to have a majority of there passes being throwned there way. To me it just happens to be winfield since they say he cant get interceptions.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12