Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winfield?

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He is past his glory and not the answer to our problems. Bringing him back to fix the secondary would be like bringing back Moss to fix the WR position. He just isn't what he used to be.
    Agreed, almost. Not suggesting he will be the same player, not suggesting he will fix the position. I just think he would make the Vikes a better Team...albeit temporarily.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Look, There are lots of teams with crappy secondaries and none of them are banging on his door either. Yeah, I understand he was a great tackler and all but he has not been consistently healthy for a few years, he is getting older, and there is a reason he is sitting at home right now and it isn't because he had his number unlisted.

Yeah, we need help in the secondary, that was also the case when he was here, but we need to fix that with youth and not a guy that is 35 years old, unless he is hired as a coach.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Look, There are lots of teams with crappy secondaries and none of them are banging on his door either. Yeah, I understand he was a great tackler and all but he has not been consistently healthy for a few years, he is getting older, and there is a reason he is sitting at home right now and it isn't because he had his number unlisted.

Yeah, we need help in the secondary, that was also the case when he was here, but we need to fix that with youth and not a guy that is 35 years old, unless he is hired as a coach.
    Can't say I disagree more.
    1) Winfield isn't sitting at home due to lack of offers. He said I will only comeback for the right situation. I.e. a championship team. The two teams that he considered going to are 2-8. He's not coming back for that.

2) Does he make this team better this season than who we have on roster? Yes. End of discussion. We can't draft in the middle of the season so we shouldn't worry about fixing the secondary with draft picks. He's better than Sherels and Robinson at this point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Can't say I disagree more.
    1) Winfield isn't sitting at home due to lack of offers. He said I will only comeback for the right situation. I.e. a championship team. The two teams that he considered going to are 2-8. He's not coming back for that.
    Well that rules us out right there, even with Cassel starting.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Antoine Winfield still on Vikings' radar

Antoine Winfield still on Vikings' radar | Star Tribune

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12