Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Winfield?

  1. #1
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    591

    Winfield?

    Knowing that one of the big holes we have on defense is LEADERSHIP, is it wrong to hope the vikings sign Winfield seeing how he is stalling submitting retirement papers?

    I would not expect him to play much, but (again, this is from the sparse information a person can get in Oregon on the Vikings) I always thought he was a great leader in season's past.

  2. #2
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Winfield?

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250860/article/antoine-winfield-reportedly-will-consider-nfl-return

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Minnesota Vikings Need to Bring Back Antoine Winfield

    Y! SPORTS

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,448
    yes please
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    We need to do something. Robinson is fast, but outmatched when he is a starting corner. Cook gets hurt trying his shoes. Jefferson just plain sucks. Rhodes is the only bright spot of the entire CB corps, and he is still making rookie mistakes. And Sherels is on the roster because of special teams play. The only other CB we have on roster is Bobby Felder... and who the F is Bobby Felder?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    We need to do something. Robinson is fast, but outmatched when he is a starting corner. Cook gets hurt trying his shoes. Jefferson just plain sucks. Rhodes is the only bright spot of the entire CB corps, and he is still making rookie mistakes. And Sherels is on the roster because of special teams play. The only other CB we have on roster is Bobby Felder... and who the F is Bobby Felder?
    Pretty good summary/rant, actually.

    Rhodes will be a good one for a very long time methinks. Sherels brings ST play, heart, and moxie. If Cook could just stay on the field we might see a decent player...but, that simply hasn't happened. I still think Robinson will eventually be a good player-not a Pro-Bowler...but, he's never gonna be a shut down guy. Jefferson should never see the field outside of Special Teams.

    Oh, bring back Winnie please!

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  7. #7
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    He is past his glory and not the answer to our problems. Bringing him back to fix the secondary would be like bringing back Moss to fix the WR position. He just isn't what he used to be.

  8. #8
    smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He is past his glory and not the answer to our problems. Bringing him back to fix the secondary would be like bringing back Moss to fix the WR position. He just isn't what he used to be.
    Vikings are 1-3. Bringing back Winfield would make them a better team, but won't take them to the promise land.
    Josh Robinson, on the other hand, is a huge liability and shouldn't even be on the roster.
    For all the good decisions Spielman has made, reliance upon Robinson appears to be a significant blunder.

  9. #9
    Randy Moss's Avatar
    Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He is past his glory and not the answer to our problems. Bringing him back to fix the secondary would be like bringing back Moss to fix the WR position. He just isn't what he used to be.
    He was last year. Why would you expect him to have lost so much in one offseason? I bet we'd be 3-1 if Winfield was still on the team.

  10. #10
    drewlovs's Avatar
    drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He is past his glory and not the answer to our problems. Bringing him back to fix the secondary would be like bringing back Moss to fix the WR position. He just isn't what he used to be.
    That's a bad comparison. Moss was never a leader, and never will be. He had a few choice words for the Vikings because they gave Patterson his number! What the heck does he think the Vikings owe him??

    Winfield, however, WAS looked up to by a lot of players. We have the talent, in my opinion...we just need someone to hold those players accountable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •