Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Yep ... but he struggled mightily on neutral fields.

    BTW ... Tark was under .500 on the road for his career.
    You counting his Ties?

    Fran Tarkenton Career Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Why would that make a difference? Ties are irrelevant.

    And, what's up with this response?

    Originally Posted by midgensa
    Yep ... but he struggled mightily on neutral fields.

    BTW ... Tark was under .500 on the road for his career.
    Thats a winning record isn't it?
    I'm pretty sure under .500 is not a winning record.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Why would that make a difference? Ties are irrelevant.

    And, what's up with this response?



    I'm pretty sure under .500 is not a winning record.
    8-8 in the NFL is considered a winning record. Ties also count as wins in Tie breakers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Actually it is called an even record buy anyway...

  5. #25
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    8-8 in the NFL is considered a winning record. Ties also count as wins in Tie breakers.
    There you go again redefining things.

    Ties are just that, ties. Their like games that were never played. 8-7-1 is a winning season which is better than 8-8. That's 8.5/16 (.531) vs. 8/16 (.500).

    8-8 is not a winning record, nor is it a losing record.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    There you go again redefining things.

    Ties are just that, ties. Their like games that were never played. 8-7-1 is a winning season which is better than 8-8. That's 8.5/16 (.531) vs. 8/16 (.500).

    8-8 is not a winning record, nor is it a losing record.
    LOL, its not a losing record right? Thus, my question, are you counting Ties. I was just asking.....your the one who made me start giving my opinion. (snicker)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Actually it is called an even record buy anyway...
    Again, just asking or good friend Midg a question on Ties. Lets see how he counts them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, its not a losing record right? Thus, my question, are you counting Ties. I was just asking.....your the one who made me start giving my opinion. (snicker)
    I didn't add up Tark's wins and losses on the roads, just simply commenting that Midgensa claimed that Tark was UNDER .500 on the road, which implies a losing record. Now if you are saying that he was not under .500 then you have something. Ties should not be counted in this discussion as either losses or wins...just throw them out completely.

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I didn't add up Tark's wins and losses on the roads, just simply commenting that Midgensa claimed that Tark was UNDER .500 on the road, which implies a losing record. Now if you are saying that he was not under .500 then you have something. Ties should not be counted in this discussion as either losses or wins...just throw them out completely.
    I hastly counted 2 times......came up with 60 L/59 W's if you count ties and 60/60 if you count ties. Thus the question on T's.

    Could have missed a couple thats why I gave the link. Midg likes to double check me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I hastly counted 2 times......came up with 60 L/59 W's if you count ties and 60/60 if you count ties. Thus the question on T's.

    Could have missed a couple thats why I gave the link. Midg likes to double check me.
    According to your link, I counted 57 W, 60 L and 4 Ties on away games. Ties are not wins. His actual winning percentage on the road (if I counted right) would be as follows:

    1 point for a win, .5 for a tie and 0 for a loss. Or, 59/121 = .488 winning percentage. According to this, he had a losing record in away games.

    I was surprised at how many ties he played in during his career.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •