Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Willie Offord should start

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    I think everyone is overreacting to this. He's missed an OPTIONAL mini camp. To give you an idea of how important this mini camp is, the team allowed Sharper to leave TO ANALYZE NFL EUROPE GAMES. Anyways, he'll be back by training camp. I agree that he's definitely lost a step, and last year was weak, but that's not a reason to cut him. There is still lots of potential for him to come back, and if he does continue to deteriorate, THEN you cut him. Not now. Offord will have plenty of time to start once Chavous proves that he can no longer play. And even then, I wouldnt' agree with cutting him, because then who would we have behind him if Offord got hurt? Dustin Fox? What if both our safeties got hurt (and they were last year), then what would we do? So we should at least keep Chavous around as a backup in case of injuries and he knows a lot about football so he can help tutor Offord and Fox.
    "Optional" my azz. Chavous and Williams need to get thier buts to practice. They haven't been good enough to warrant a hold out. Sharper probably has been excused since he signed his contract, but he SHOULD be there too. They're playing with our team hopes.
    I agree 100% with you that they should all be there. This would be a great time for the secondary to jell since they have never played together (other than the 2day minicamp. I was just trying to say that people were overreacting when they said that we should cut Chavous. I disagree completely with both chavous and williams' holdouts but I think we need them to win because although we have a good secondary now, it's not really deep (especially at safety) so we need all the bodies we can have.
    I understand now. :wink:

Del Rio Guest

I do not see this as a holdout even. They are missing an optional camp. If it were not optional just say it is mandatory LMAO.

Get excited if they miss training camp.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

It is an optional camp but I guess if I were committed to winning a superbowl with an organization that is making me a millionairre, I would be at every practice or camp. I understand I am not in their shoes and probably don't understand all the inside things but all the same, dedication is being there to gel with others. I question Sharper here too. Where are his priorities? I know this is what he wants to do when he retires but he is still playing therefore he should be there as well.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Of course Cottrell is going to say he is impressed with Offord. If he says Offord sucks, it gives Chavous leverage. I say get Chavous happy and let them compete for the job. We need depth at saftey.

Del Rio Guest

The thing is if it was crucial then why say it is optional.

I have a hard time relating to the game at a pro level as well because there is money involved. It is a buisiness. And I would much rather CC take care of his buisiness now then when his job starts.

I mean if everyone can be on Mike Williams jock even after he missed a whole year of football, I think I can cut CC some slack being that he is a professional that is experienced at this level and it is for some reason optional.

I hate to say it but I think there are very few people who just want to win and will do whatever it takes. I think the majority of people want that green.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Makes total sense Del Rio. CC strikes me as someone that does want to win and that's one of the reasons this whole thing bothers me. He has never missed anything previously whether it be optional or not. Again, I know it's only May but with over 1/2 of the new defense being new, he, Williams, and Sharper should all be there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345