Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    I hate it when anyone brings up that T-Will has/had eye problems. I am not buying into the idea that he had any kind of eye problems. That sounds like a really lame excuse for not being able to catch the football.

    I just hope he can turn it around this year and I am behind him 100%

  2. #12
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I dont believe we have WR woes, but rather WR doldrums.

    TW should have had a better year last year.

    We signed 2 former eagles last year that performed well enough to be #2 or #3 guys.

    We cut Marcus Robinson who probably was our best able to perform WR
    We signed Bobby Wade (who I think will do a very good job)

    We did an excellent job in the draft, but we still need to see them perform.
    Not picking on you ND, its just everytime I hear something about how we cut our best WR, I just want to puke
    >

    Sarcasim on......

    YUP, we are sure gonna miss the great Marcus Robinson.
    He has been consistently a monster since joining the leage.


    Except for that one year (1999) were he was off his game a bit and actually produced yards.

    :

    1998 Chicago 44


    1999 Chicago 1400


    2000 Chicago 738


    2001 Chicago 269


    2002 Chicago 244


    2003 Baltimore 451


    2004 Minnesota 657


    2005 Minnesota 515


    2006 Minnesota 381



    Sarcasism off.
    Last year Robinson was one of our best WR, that is just a fact. It doesn't mean he is a great player, nor does it mean he will be missed. Still, you can't deny he was our best redzone threat.

    Really it comes down to whether Wade is better than Taylor, whether Rice is better than Robinson, and Whether Williamson is better than Williamson.

    When I think about it that way, there is reason for optimism.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I dont believe we have WR woes, but rather WR doldrums.

    TW should have had a better year last year.

    We signed 2 former eagles last year that performed well enough to be #2 or #3 guys.

    We cut Marcus Robinson who probably was our best able to perform WR
    We signed Bobby Wade (who I think will do a very good job)

    We did an excellent job in the draft, but we still need to see them perform.
    Not picking on you ND, its just everytime I hear something about how we cut our best WR, I just want to puke
    >

    Sarcasim on......

    YUP, we are sure gonna miss the great Marcus Robinson.
    He has been consistently a monster since joining the leage.


    Except for that one year (1999) were he was off his game a bit and actually produced yards.

    :

    1998 Chicago 44


    1999 Chicago 1400


    2000 Chicago 738


    2001 Chicago 269


    2002 Chicago 244


    2003 Baltimore 451


    2004 Minnesota 657


    2005 Minnesota 515


    2006 Minnesota 381



    Sarcasism off.
    Last year Robinson was one of our best WR, that is just a fact. It doesn't mean he is a great player, nor does it mean he will be missed. Still, you can't deny he was our best redzone threat.

    Really it comes down to whether Wade is better than Taylor, whether Rice is better than Robinson, and Whether Williamson is better than Williamson.

    When I think about it that way, there is reason for optimism.
    Last years numbers for both.
    Which one would you take, 1rst of 2nd set.

    Rec
    Yds
    Avg
    Long
    Td's
    29
    381 13.1
    40

    4
    33
    461 14.0
    25

    2

    Then lets throw in thier attitudes and work ethics and how great he fits this scheme.
    I think we made a pretty good pickup in B-wade.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    Marcus Robinson had neither a bad attitude or work ethic. He had a disgreement with the coach. It is unfair to label him as a problem-maker. Do you consider Winfield to have attitude problems because of one tiff over the offseason?

    I certainly don't, and the only difference between the two is one got cut and one didn't. Furthermore, why one got released and the other didn't had nothing to do with attitude and everything to do with skill.

    By the way, I implied that we are better off at WR.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "V" wrote:
    Marcus Robinson had neither a bad attitude or work ethic. He had a disgreement with the coach. It is unfair to label him as a problem-maker. Do you consider Winfield to have attitude problems because of one tiff over the offseason?

    I certainly don't, and the only difference between the two is one got cut and one didn't. Furthermore, why one got released and the other didn't had nothing to do with attitude and everything to do with skill.

    By the way, I implied that we are better off at WR.
    The difference between Winfield and Rob is two fold, Winfield and the coach worked it out and Winfield is good.

    Rob couldn't seem to get onboard with what was going on and he isn't any good.

    I didn't miss the point that you thought we were better by the way.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,841

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    TWill needs to improve or we can't pay him what we're paying him.
    He's got the speed and seems to run routes that get him open, all he has to do now is catch the darn ball!
    15,000 off season catches should help if the eye (smoke and mirrors) thing doesn't.

    I like Bobby Wade in the slot...seems like a good fit.
    I'm also big on Shank opening up the middle.
    Rice has the leap to take MRob's place as red zone threat, and without the attitude of a top ten pick (basically a clean slate for our coaches to develop.)

    [size=10pt]IF[/size] TWill steps it up, our WRs might look pretty good by midseason.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  7. #17
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "cc21" wrote:
    I hate it when anyone brings up that T-Will has/had eye problems. I am not buying into the idea that he had any kind of eye problems. That sounds like a really lame excuse for not being able to catch the football.

    I just hope he can turn it around this year and I am behind him 100%
    It is just lack of confidence.
    He should have went to a psychiatrist instead of an optomotrist.

  8. #18
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    I hate it when anyone brings up that T-Will has/had eye problems. I am not buying into the idea that he had any kind of eye problems. That sounds like a really lame excuse for not being able to catch the football.

    I just hope he can turn it around this year and I am behind him 100%
    It is just lack of confidence.
    He should have went to a psychiatrist instead of an optomotrist.
    He did.
    Standard placebo effect.
    He thought he had a problem but didn't know what it was.
    The Nike guys made something up to fix and now his confidence is back.

    That or they really did fix it.
    Either way the booboo is apparently all better.


    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "Billy" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    I hate it when anyone brings up that T-Will has/had eye problems. I am not buying into the idea that he had any kind of eye problems. That sounds like a really lame excuse for not being able to catch the football.

    I just hope he can turn it around this year and I am behind him 100%
    It is just lack of confidence.
    He should have went to a psychiatrist instead of an optomotrist.
    He did.
    Standard placebo effect.
    He thought he had a problem but didn't know what it was.
    The Nike guys made something up to fix and now his confidence is back.

    That or they really did fix it.
    Either way the booboo is apparently all better.
    I don't care if it is real or placebo.
    I just want him to improve! ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Williamson's work will pay off in the fall

    "Billy" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "cc21" wrote:
    I hate it when anyone brings up that T-Will has/had eye problems. I am not buying into the idea that he had any kind of eye problems. That sounds like a really lame excuse for not being able to catch the football.

    I just hope he can turn it around this year and I am behind him 100%
    It is just lack of confidence.
    He should have went to a psychiatrist instead of an optomotrist.
    He did.
    Standard placebo effect.
    He thought he had a problem but didn't know what it was.
    The Nike guys made something up to fix and now his confidence is back.

    That or they really did fix it.
    Either way the booboo is apparently all better.
    good point!
    As long as he thinks the problem is fixed then it is fixed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eyes, not hands, Williamson's main problem
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
  2. troy williamson's #
    By vikes_4_life_42 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
  3. Troy Williamson's first year
    By TMAC604 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 05:04 AM
  4. Williamson's a bust and the D's still ass
    By Num1mossfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:15 PM
  5. Is Williamson's....
    By ChiTownVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 02:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •