Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    he cant have 88 no one can its retired with page

  2. #12
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    From what I understand, 84 is the only other legal receiver number other than 19 left. I don't think he will be taking that anytime soon.
    I agree. too many comparisons. :roll:

  3. #13
    LunchBox is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    86

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Williamson8211" wrote:
    Number gonna stay at 19 cuz I wanna buy a jersey of him and I dont want it to be the wrong one??

    No, he will eventually change it, like moss did his rookie year. Moss started out with #18. I wouldn't get a williamson jersey just yet incase, unless you don't mind having a #19 jersey, if he did switch to a # in the 80's. Some people like those rare jerseys.
    Moss changed his number because the NFL forced him to. He wanted to wear 18, but as a reciever, that wasn't allowed. All of the 80s were taken so he was allowed to wear number 18, but #84 was the first one cut, so the NFL forced him to switch to that number. However, recently the NFL has allowed lots of young recievers to wear 18 and 19, confirming my belief that the NFL powers just hate Moss.

  4. #14
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    "magicci" wrote:
    he cant have 88 no one can its retired with page

    Oh yeah, I forgot.

  5. #15
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    "LunchBox" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "Williamson8211" wrote:
    Number gonna stay at 19 cuz I wanna buy a jersey of him and I dont want it to be the wrong one??

    No, he will eventually change it, like moss did his rookie year. Moss started out with #18. I wouldn't get a williamson jersey just yet incase, unless you don't mind having a #19 jersey, if he did switch to a # in the 80's. Some people like those rare jerseys.
    Moss changed his number because the NFL forced him to. He wanted to wear 18, but as a reciever, that wasn't allowed. All of the 80s were taken so he was allowed to wear number 18, but #84 was the first one cut, so the NFL forced him to switch to that number. However, recently the NFL has allowed lots of young recievers to wear 18 and 19, confirming my belief that the NFL powers just hate Moss.

    Yeah, but like I said, there will be some 80's cut on our team this year, so he will take on of them I am sure. Even if he did, I think it would still be cool to have a #19 williamson jersey. It would be a collectors item, like an #18 moss jersey, a vikings one that is.

  6. #16
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    From what I understand, 84 is the only other legal receiver number other than 19 left. I don't think he will be taking that anytime soon.
    I agree. too many comparisons. :roll:

    Yeah, we won't put that kind of pressure on williamson. It would however, be cool to see him ask for 84 and show some confidence in himself. I doubt it though.

  7. #17
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    From what I understand, 84 is the only other legal receiver number other than 19 left. I don't think he will be taking that anytime soon.
    I agree. too many comparisons. :roll:

    Yeah, we won't put that kind of pressure on williamson. It would however, be cool to see him ask for 84 and show some confidence in himself. I doubt it though.
    I hope he doesn't switch. My fred smoot jersey order wouldn't work so I decided on a Williamson jersey instead. This one went through and is #19. I got it at reebok.com which had #19 as the number already on the jersey.

  8. #18
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Is Williamson's....

    guess I'll have to go get me a 93 jersey....

    Seeing I played most of may days on the o and D lines...Plus, Williams is a hell of a player to Prop.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Williamson's work will pay off in the fall
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
  2. Eyes, not hands, Williamson's main problem
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 06:02 PM
  3. troy williamson's #
    By vikes_4_life_42 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 11:11 PM
  4. Troy Williamson's first year
    By TMAC604 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 05:04 AM
  5. Williamson's a bust and the D's still ass
    By Num1mossfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •