Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Williamson works overtime to improve catching

Paul Allen was in the locker room after the 49ers game. He said Troy was visibly shakin by his performance.

I feel sorry for the guy. But I it's good to hear how shakin up he is about it. It shows he takes pride in his performance not only for himself, but for his team.

I'm not a Williamson fan right now. Actually, when I heard PA say "Troy Williamson comes out onto the field for a third down play", I thought to myself what a bad decision to have Troy out there at that time. But he can go a long way to redeem himself starting this weekend.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I actually felt sort of bad for him after Sunday, and the weird thing is, now I am rooting for him to turn it around and become our comeback player of the year.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Ok so he's doing 15 mins which many here consider to not be enough practice but consider this. I'd prefer to see someone doing 15 mins intensive practice and getting it right for that time, rather than someone spending an hour practicing and only getting it right for 25% of the time.
    It's not a question of how long you spend but more a question of how well you use the time that you spend.
    For those going to the game tomorrow - give him your full backing as any Vikings player deserves and save any criticism for after the game. By the same token be prepared to give due credit if he has a good game.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Ok so he's doing 15 mins which many here consider to not be enough practice but consider this. I'd prefer to see someone doing 15 mins intensive practice and getting it right for that time, rather than someone spending an hour practicing and only getting it right for 25% of the time.
    It's not a question of how long you spend but more a question of how well you use the time that you spend.
    For those going to the game tomorrow - give him your full backing as any Vikings player deserves and save any criticism for after the game. By the same token be prepared to give due credit if he has a good game.
    Here, here AngeloVike
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Well him doing extra catching is to be expected, the only thing I find alarming about that article is that Erasmus James still hasn't had his surgery....

wtf?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Well la dee frickin dah! Let's hope it helps!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I've always been a Williamson backer, but he certainly made it difficult. Last week was unforgivable.

The article clearly says that the extra time in front of the JUGS machine was the last of many things he has done to try to improve his catching over the week. I also think it is obvious that most fans hate Williamson so much now that only perfection will earn their forgiveness. Williamson could have 5 catches, one drop, and TDs, and everyone will still be talking about the drop.

All I want to see from Williamson is improvement. As long as he is getting better I'll be happy.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I rarely make predictions, but today I will. Williamson will bounce back big time against Green Bay.

Chilldres wants to keep feeding it to him, and Brad Johnson knows he need it to. And with Troy being the center of atention in the media, he'll be extra motivated.

I predict big catches, many yds, and a TD by Troy!

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Thing is.. He hasnt catched a touchdown in about a year now.. And its not like he hasnt had chances to do it.. But i like him matching up against either Harris or Woodson, specially if he can get one on one against Woodson i think he has a chance to do something big..

Go Troy!! Go Vikings.. Defeat them Packers!!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

I wish him well too.
    With that said, unfortunately our sport has evolved into a well oiled business machine.
    He is paid a huge amount of money to perform.
    Coach him, help him, but at the end of the season if he hasn't improved...
    ?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast