Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Williamson works overtime to improve catching

15 minutes may not sound like a lot to most people, but a JUGS machine is capable of throwing up to 600 passes in an hour & throw spirals or end-over-end passes up to 100 yard spirals.

That's up to 150 passes in those 15 minutes, plus the running that goes along with it. While I think he should have done it all week long, 15 minutes a day tacked on to his normal practice seems sufficient.

Let's at least give the guy a little credit for at least going the extra 15 minutes, instead of chastising him for it.

He is still a Vikings player & as Childress has stated, he needs to wotk thru it.

What other receivers that have dropped balls were out there working overtime?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

davike is offline Team Alumni

i think that williamson is really trying. 15 minutes doesn't look like a lot to us, but 15 more minutes of such physically demanding football practice would probably in comparison to about an hour of most ppl's work. especially after he has already been practicing other stuff for a while. but hey 15 minutes is still a start. i hope he has a break out game on sunday against the packers weak secondary. that would get his confidence back up and maybe get his play up. i would like to see him practice more in the hour range just like the rest of you but we don't really know what the situation is.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    15 minutes may not sound like a lot to most people, but a JUGS machine is capable of throwing up to 600 passes in an hour & throw spirals or end-over-end passes up to 100 yard spirals.

That's up to 150 passes in those 15 minutes, plus the running that goes along with it. While I think he should have done it all week long, 15 minutes a day tacked on to his normal practice seems sufficient.

Let's at least give the guy a little credit for at least going the extra 15 minutes, instead of chastising him for it.

He is still a Vikings player & as Childress has stated, he needs to wotk thru it.

exactly singer, thanks for that stats on the JUGS machine i didn't know it was capable of that much. its good to see that he knows he has a problem and is trying to adjust and remedy it.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

Just because it can doesn't mean that it did!

I would be willing to bet that he didn't have more than 30 balls thrown his way!
    And 15 minutes is not a lot and he should be doing more if he is serious about being a great wide receiver in this league when you start as badly as he has in his NFL career.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

rideout85 is offline Training Camp

singer i right bout the machines plus troy has been working all week on catching at practice but everyone seem to miss that part they only seen the part with 15 minutes the jumped on him atleast he knows he needs to get better and he is trying to fix it give him some credit cuz when he starts catching the ball and is used for a deep threat yall will be thanking him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Just because it can doesn't mean that it did!

I would be willing to bet that he didn't have more than 30 balls thrown his way!
    And 15 minutes is not a lot and he should be doing more if he is serious about being a great wide receiver in this league
    when you start as badly as he has in his NFL career.
    That is nothing more than a guess & pure speculation.

We do not know if they were rapid fire passes, running routes or both. All of our WR have been dropping passes, but Williamson seems to be the only one putting in the extra effort whether it be 30 or 100 passes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

No one will be thanking him for doing his job.

In the end it is up to him to silence the critics. He has half a season to show that he has improved. Who cares if it can throw so many balls, and who cares if it only took him 15 minutes. If the ball hits his hands and he catches it he has done his job, if the ball hits his hands and he drops it he has not.

Just watch him during the game and then there will be no need to jump to conclusions.

What if he sucks because he is trying to hard and putting too much pressure on himself, then the extra practice might hurt; not help.
    We can solve poverty today.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

i have a whole new respect for troy.. 15 minutes is better than 0... and like other people said who else is doing this??? at least he is trying to earn his money not jus go out there drop passs and say oh well my check is coming, i think this team put a loit of pressure on him all at once and he's just getting used to it i mean he's got a new coach and a new system itd be pretty hard being in the league 2 years and have 2 different coaches and 2 different systems,give him time if he works 15 min extra a day for a while he'll be what we all expected him to be

Thanks josdin00

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

He is paid to catch balls.

He is expected to catch balls.

If he cannot, buh bye.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast