Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Williamson vs. Rice

I think Rice is going to be a star on this team sometime down the road. Williamson on the other hand, he's had problems since day one. The guy was a complete reach at the 7th pick in the draft and it's been downhill since then. Since he's fast but couldn't catch the clap in a whorehouse, maybe we could try and salvage him by turning him into a DB ala' Robert Tate. He probably would suck at that position too though.

All kidding aside, I feel sorry for the kid. You can see that he wants to catch the ball. He just can't. But we've wasted enough time reserving a roster spot for him. His time is done here as a WR.
    Even babies know the difference.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Is there a reason to worry about where we will be in 2 seasons from now ith Rice? The both played at South carloina with basically the same type of offense.
    Not trying to say that Rice will be a bust, but Williamson also showed some potential in the first year as well, and then well we all know what happened. I know that there was quite a few people that were worried about this when we drafted Rice but has not been mentioned much since. Just curious about other peoples take on this.
    My friend although they came from the same school they came from two different approaches to the game.

Twill was from a staff that mostly ran (Holtz) were Rice came from a pass happy staff (Spurrier).
    Wsn't Spurrier there his last year or 2 as the Head coach?
    Holtz retired after the 2004 season. Spurrier came in and ran the 2005 squad.
    Rather than stick around for his senior year he left.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/19/sp...9spurrier.html
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...er%3fid%3d9088
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Williamson vs Rice

hahahahaha Rice wins in everything, even races. Troy sees flashes of color when hes running and usually thinks he's already crossed the finish line and stops.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Garland" wrote:
    Is there a reason to worry about where we will be in 2 seasons from now ith Rice? The both played at South carloina with basically the same type of offense.
    Not trying to say that Rice will be a bust, but Williamson also showed some potential in the first year as well, and then well we all know what happened. I know that there was quite a few people that were worried about this when we drafted Rice but has not been mentioned much since. Just curious about other peoples take on this.
    I have never once seen Williamson show any promise.
    He did decent in the preseason a couple of times but when the regular season comes along he sucks it up.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Rice has showed he can make spectacular catches in heavy coverage. Williamson has showed he can't even make a catch in open field with no coverage. No comparison.

TheWhizzinator is offline Waterboy

"Garland" wrote:
    There is really only one difference between the two and that is Rice KNOWS HOW TO CATCH A F%&$*# FOOTBALL!

TWill is done with the Vikes and I say he is out of the league for good within 18 months. If he hasn't learned how to catch by now, it ain't gonna happen.

Rice is a much better WR. The fact that they played in the same offense is meaningless. Remember - Tom Brady played in the same college offense as Brian Griese and Drew Henson...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Troy Williamson is one of the biggest busts of all time. He downright sucks.
    Rice has hands and athletic ability and he can at least stick around as a 2nd or 3rd WR on any team in the NFL.
    IMHO!

Troy would be lucky to have been let on the plane back to MPLS after the Denver game.

They should have purchased a ticket for him to fly directly to SC and said, we will be sending you your stuff and we will have movers pack up all the stuff from you place in MPLS and it will be delivered the day after New Year's Day.

The only similarity between the two WRs, is that they came from the same school and they both played for the Vikes this year.

Positive:
    Rice should pan out if he can stay away from injuries (dang hamstring) and get some consistent play from the QB.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Why do people star threads that have been discussed to death on this site?
    I mean its kind of like comparing Wine to water isn't it?

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    No worries at all that Rice is going to be a bust. They are two totally different receivers...One is a small fast guy with no hands the other is a tall athletic guy with great hands.

That pretty much says it all. TWill reminds me of a guy the Jets drafted in 1980...Johnny Lam Jones out of Texas, a speedster with no hands.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Trkn10 is offline Training Camp

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Why do people star threads that have been discussed to death on this site?
    I mean its kind of like comparing Wine to water isn't it?

Mike
    By God Mike I think you've done it; in John 2:1-11 Jesus turns water into wine.
    Perhaps our Purple Jesus could grab TWill by the facemask and kick him in his a** and turn him into a great receiver.
    I've got a feeling he'd probably pass on the opportunity though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast