Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Williamson vs. Rice

Is there a reason to worry about where we will be in 2 seasons from now ith Rice? The both played at South carloina with basically the same type of offense.
    Not trying to say that Rice will be a bust, but Williamson also showed some potential in the first year as well, and then well we all know what happened. I know that there was quite a few people that were worried about this when we drafted Rice but has not been mentioned much since. Just curious about other peoples take on this.

Purple D is offline Starter

Re: Williamson vs. Rice

"Garland" wrote:
    Is there a reason to worry about where we will be in 2 seasons from now ith Rice? The both played at South carloina with basically the same type of offense.
    Not trying to say that Rice will be a bust, but Williamson also showed some potential in the first year as well, and then well we all know what happened. I know that there was quite a few people that were worried about this when we drafted Rice but has not been mentioned much since. Just curious about other peoples take on this.
    They are two different people.
    I would never compare the two.
    Rice is better than Williamson IMHO.
    But Rice actually saw the field more his rookie year than williamson.
    Apples and Oranges my friend Apples and Oranges.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

"Garland" wrote:
    No worries at all that Rice is going to be a bust. They are two totally different receivers...One is a small fast guy with no hands the other is a tall athletic guy with great hands.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't recall Rice being drafted with his speed being the main reason for his selection. Also, as yet anyway, doubts haven't been raised about his catching ability in the same way as people have with Twill.

Of course nothing is certain but I don't think in 2 seasons we will be worrying about Rice. With the QB play improving, whether through TJ stepping up or a vet QB coming in, then that will bring Rice along a lot more as well.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    My friend although they came from the same school they came from two different approaches to the game.

Twill was from a staff that mostly ran (Holtz) were Rice came from a pass happy staff (Spurrier).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    Williamson- Uncoordinated and can't catch.No potential for significant improvement. A fiction writer couldn't have written a better ending than Williamson with two critical drops in his last game as a Viking.Unbelievable.Millions of dollars passed between his hands and fell from his grasp.

Rice- Extremely coordinated and atheletic. Very good hands. Great potential for improvement as he grows from boy to man physically and his QB improves.

No comparison

Williamson = bust
    Rice= future star
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    My friend although they came from the same school they came from two different approaches to the game.

Twill was from a staff that mostly ran (Holtz) were Rice came from a pass happy staff (Spurrier).
    Wsn't Spurrier there his last year or 2 as the Head coach?

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Questions about Troy Williamson's hands were being raised as early as OTAs.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Troy Williamson is one of the biggest busts of all time. He downright sucks.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If that were the case then every team would draft every WR out of Mississippi Valley State and Marshall.

Hell, you can't even get similar results out of Brothers, why worry about whether two people out of a student body of 40,000 genetically diverse students?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast