Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ZDoy379 is offline Starter

Re: Williamson Progressing well

#1-Koren Robinson
    #2-Troy Williamson
    #3-Travis Taylor
    #4-Marcus Robinson
    #5-Billy McMullen

#3 and #4 are sketchy between Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson but Travis did better than Marcus last year so I put Travis at #3. I like Marcus more than Travis though.

Our rotation at WR will be

1. K-Rob
    2. T. Taylor
    3. Williamson
    4. Robinson
    5. McMullen

The most powerful character in Final Fantasy history

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

sadly yea, mcmullen will be #5 since he knows the WCO and childress has to prove he knew what he was doign when he traded for him, this is what i would like

1 K-Rob
    2 Taylor
    3 Williamson
    4 Robinson
    5 Hosak

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

sodaknick is offline Starter

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    sadly yea, mcmullen will be #5 since he knows the WCO and childress has to prove he knew what he was doign when he traded for him, this is what i would like

1 K-Rob
    2 Taylor
    3 Williamson
    4 Robinson
    5 Hosak
    I'm with you on that line-up. I think Taylor will surprise some people this year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Vikes_King" wrote:

1 K-Rob
    2 Taylor
    3 Williamson
    4 Robinson
    5 Hosak
    If Childress thinks he has a better chance of winning games with Hosack vs. McMullen, Hosack will get the roster spot. McMullen probably has the edge as a known entity with Childress, so Hosack will probably have to prove more in these minicamps and pre-season. I don't think the size of McMullen's contract is large enough to warrant an automatic roster spot.

Good to hear Chad picked one off in practice. I wouldn't be surprised if he nabbed 3-4 during the regular season as this is a dimension of his game that I think he excels at (pass coverage). If Tavaris is throwing missiles, then its a good sign that Chad has some decent hands. Not so good for TJ :smile:

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Taylor over Williamson? I don't think so. Unless Taylor greatly exceeds expectations in camp, there will be no reason to start him over Williamson. Williamson is younger and still has untapped potential and I don't think Childress is going to pull a Tice. He is going to give Troy a chance to produce on an everyday basis. Taylor already had that chance and didn't do too well.

Taylor will see plenty of playing time, but Williamson will be the starter week 1.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:

1 K-Rob
    2 Taylor
    3 Williamson
    4 Robinson
    5 Hosak
    What will MOST likely happen is that Hosack will be on the practice squad...but he will be groomed to take over for Robinson the following season...UNLESS the Vikes fear that some other team might try to steal him away. McMullen will be here for at least ONE season and he will get his chances to prove his worth or he will get cut.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Taylor over Williamson? I don't think so. Unless Taylor greatly exceeds expectations in camp, there will be no reason to start him over Williamson. Williamson is younger and still has untapped potential and I don't think Childress is going to pull a Tice. He is going to give Troy a chance to produce on an everyday basis. Taylor already had that chance and didn't do too well.

Taylor will see plenty of playing time, but Williamson will be the starter week 1.
    Williamsom might have the speed on the long ball, but Taylor has the better hands.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

Williamsom might have the speed on the long ball, but Taylor has the better hands.

And not to mention that Troy didnt play near as good as Taylor last year, With Troy running wrong routes and dropping easy catches i dont see him starting over Taylor.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Can Hosack still make it on the practice squad or is he too old?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast