Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Williamson Progressing well

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/470248.html

VIKE060306.OL
    Last update: June 02, 2006 – 4:29 PM

Vikings' Williamson progressing well
    Mark Craig, Star Tribune

Receiver Troy Williamson, who is recovering from surgery last month to remove an abscess from his left hip, met with a doctor Friday in South Carolina and is progressing well, according to Vikings coach Brad Childress.
    "There is an outside chance that maybe he gets back for a little bit of that last minicamp," said Childress, referring to a voluntary camp June 19-21.

Williamson, the seventh overall draft pick in 2005, will meet with his doctor again in two weeks.

Meanwhile, Dr. James Andrews surgically repaired fullback Joey Goodspeed's torn anterior cruciate ligament on Thursday. Goodspeed is expected to miss the 2006 season.

Hosack the handyman

Former Gophers receiver and 2006 All-NFL Europe selection Aaron Hosack has been gobbling up passes during this week's Organized Team Activities (OTAs).

"[Hosack] has great hand-eye coordination," Childress said. "Obviously, he's a bigger target [6-5, 210], which quarterbacks love. He kind of vacuums up the football. As my old stats guy used to say, receivers by definition should receive, and he does a good job of doing that."

Greenway update

NFL teams get 14 of these OTAs. The Vikings started theirs on Tuesday and will wrap up June 22. There were 45 rookies and selected veterans participating on Friday, the only day the Vikings have opened an OTA to the media.

Running back Chester Taylor and right tackle Marcus Johnson were the only projected veteran starters who attended Friday's OTA. Rookie second round draft pick Tarvaris Jackson was the only quarterback on the field.

Jackson probably throws the ball as hard as any quarterback in the league. Of course, he throws it really hard to the wrong side sometimes. One of his lasers was intercepted Friday by rookie first round draft pick Chad Greenway, the projected starter at weak-side linebacker. Greenway showed good quickness just to get his hands up in time to snag the ball about 5 yards over the line of scrimmage.

"He did a good job coming off the back side," Childress said. "He's playing faster."

Etc.

• More veterans are expected to participate in OTAs beginning Monday. Asked how many he expects, Childress said, "All of them."

• Weird Sight of the Day: Receiver Billy McMullen wearing No. 84. He's the first Viking to wear it since Randy Moss.

• Weird Sight of the Day II: Rookie receiver Jason Carter wearing No. 11, Daunte Culpepper's old number.

©2006 Star Tribune. All rights reserved.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Williamson Progressing well

Let's hope he makes a quick and healthy recovery. We don't want our new star receiver being laid up!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    Let's hope he makes a quick and healthy recovery. We don't want our new star receiver being laid up!
    Let's hope that this isn't a constant thing.

This is a condition from his burns received as a young child?????

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Jackson probably throws the ball as hard as any quarterback in the league. Of course, he throws it really hard to the wrong side sometimes
    :shock: I just had a Spurgeon Wynn flashback when I read that!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

TJ will get his act together, he got a cannon for an arm
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

I think that once Williamson gets back on the field what he is gonna need, to make sure he doesn't become one of those receivers with constant nagging injuries, are some subtle kicks in the butt to get him going again. Our coaching staff seems like they have what it takes to instill a tough attitude.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I think Williamson will become a solid contributor on a weekly basis this season.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

I agree. Williamson will be a beast with some time. WR never really contribute their first year.
    We can solve poverty today.

I like that Chad Greenway is making quick plays out there!! I could care less if TJ is throwing poorly right now, he isn't going to be starting this year!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

twill is offline Starter

Well you know how early he TJ will start (knock on wood) cuz of injuries.. but its nice to see chad nice and quick.. and i really see a big season comin from Twill.. He should be starting since Burly left, so that will get him alot more touches. last year when he was on the field, i just saw sumthin in him, he has that big play sense.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast