Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Williamson to play Friday

Nationally Televised or not, we should not let him play unless the training staff clears him. Planting that foot in a game is alot different than pushing off it in practice. I hope to see him play soon, and if he feels good Friday I say get him in there. But not at 80%. skol

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

His career is not starting out that great, I am going to be pissed if he is a bust!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

The guy needs to play so unless he has a serious tear, there is no excuse he shouldn't be on that field.

Besides what do you think goes on? You know he will have to be cleared by the teams doctors to play. No one is going to force him to play a preseason game if he can't pass the doctors tests.

They might wrap it up tight, he might run a bit funny, but he should play.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The guy needs to play so unless he has a serious tear, there is no excuse he shouldn't be on that field.

Besides what do you think goes on? You know he will have to be cleared by the teams doctors to play. No one is going to force him to play a preseason game if he can't pass the doctors tests.

They might wrap it up tight, he might run a bit funny, but he should play.
    I think that he's the type of player that needs his speed to be effective, Tice isn't going to want a sub par showing, therefore I don't think that he'll be rushed to the feild.

Del Rio Guest

Luckily for all of us we aren't going to make the decisions. If you see him on Friday night I assume he had the support of the staff to play. That is really the end of story, if he plays he was cleared to do so.

He needs to get hit by someone trying to rip his head off. There are plenty of Jets willing to do that. So if all he has is a sprain throw in out there, let him learn, let him make plays. Let him do some hitting himself.

Of course we don't have his medical charts lol, so it really doesn't matter what we think. If we see him Friday I am guessing he is good to at least play. He may still be a little hurt but I still support having him suit up and play. If you play football and you feel great physically everyday after practice and everyday after a game, you are either riding the pine or you are doing something terribly wrong.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

WILLIAMSON FROM CULPEPPER!!! TOUCHDOWN VIKINGS!!!!
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

i don't think troy should play a down in preseason , that way when he plays in the regular season no one will know what to expect then he'll rip up the nfl.

not gonna happen though just a thought

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

For what we gave up for that 7th round pick, he better be out there getting some playing time.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Man I hate nationally televised preseason games! I know many of you aren't local enough and don't get to see vikes games, unless they are national, so that is great for you, but it sucks for us that get local coverage every week. The announcers are always horrible for national preseason games and basically stop paying attention when the starters go out, every once in awhile mentioning a rookie. It's way better coverage, when it is the local guys covering it, because they know all our young guys and pay attention to the whole game and mention who the guys are making plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter, when national guys never really say much about the younger guys, and always leave me asking "who the he!! just made that nice play?"

It will basically be a bunch of sideline interviews with stars of each team, all during the 2nd half, causing us to miss what a lot of the backups are doing. I think I might end up listening to the game on the radio, as I watch it on TV, so I can hear some announcers who are paying attention throughout the whole game and watching the young guys preform.

But anyways, I am excited to see Troy play. It will probably only be with Brad Johnson though.

No Smoot tomorrow night I am assuming?

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I'm now with Del on this one. For some reason I always think that injuries are worse than they are and I'm for resting the player, but this really sounds like it will just be like he's playing through some pain. Get him in there. Make him prove his toughness. I understand the argument that he needs his speed to be most effective but if its minor, lets get him out there. Tice is always talking about "tough guy" this and "tough guy" that. A rookie should buy into that as much as anyone.

All this being said, God I hope he doesn't further hurt himself.

[color=red]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast