Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Williamson is now our #5

Maybe, just maybe one day he will make a huge comeback.

For now, the bench is the best place for him.

His speed can't be coached. I think the rest is up to him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Irwin" wrote:
    Maybe he can catch a ball trown by TJack. It might be BJs ducks screwing up his timing.
    Now at least he'll get the chance to get his timing down with TJack when taking reps with the 2nd stringers in practice.
    Never really thought about that.
    All joking aside for this post.
    Keep TJ working with the young guys.
    Hopefully they can work together and get some kinks worked out.
    TW obviously needs to practice catching with the hands.
    Stop worrying about routes and getting open, take a step back before going forward.
    I said before, I think TWs offseason medical issues limited his ability to practice properly on the things he needed to work on, this demotion will put things into perspective for him, if hecan manage to stay on the team without getting cut first.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I guess the only thing he can catch is punches to the face. Screw making him number five as the punishment. If I were Childress I would have him catching extra balls in practice every day, night, and into the morning. We all know that it doesn't matter what #ur listed as reciever on our team, just what you produce. I've seen games this year with heavy doses of different recievers. I remember Travis Taylor was thrown to extensively one game. God I hope he can get out of this slump because he truly is fast. If you've ever been at a Vikes game and seen him run deep you know I'm not lying.
    It doesn't matter how fast he is when the only thing he can help complete is a PUNCHline.
    I just had to THROW that in there, just one more JAB at TW won't hurt anyone but Troy and his Eye.
    We can just cover it with a Varder Shield!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

justin gatlin will be a better nfl player than this bone-head
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I personally saw Troy improve greatly from Year 1 to Year 2. Last year catching the ball was the last of his problems (because he couldn't get in to position to catch the bloody thing and couldn't run routes). He just has to work on his hands and his nerves this off season. I think the problem is more nerves than anything else because he looked solid in training camp and pre-season and early.

Hoping he will have a good year 3.

Halo 4. Start another fight.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Big" wrote:
    I personally saw Troy improve greatly from Year 1 to Year 2. Last year catching the ball was the last of his problems (because he couldn't get in to position to catch the bloody thing and couldn't run routes). He just has to work on his hands and his nerves this off season. I think the problem is more nerves than anything else because he looked solid in training camp and pre-season and early.

IMO hes just a terrible football player..another one of those fast guys thats in and out of the league..like i said before, justin gatlin will probably be a better player than this guy if he proves that he can catch (and hes never even played football before)..it was just a dumb draft pick from the start because he isnt and never was a deep threat, just a guy that can make plays after the catch (if he somehow makes the catch)..the guy did next to nothing in college compared to other receivers in that draft
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:

IMO hes just a terrible football player..another one of those fast guys thats in and out of the league..like i said before, justin gatlin will probably be a better player than this guy if he proves that he can catch (and hes never even played football before)..it was just a dumb draft pick from the start because he isnt and never was a deep threat, just a guy that can make plays after the catch (if he somehow makes the catch)..the guy did next to nothing in college compared to other receivers in that draft
    That may be true, but if we followed a bunch of folks on this board we would have 'Supersize it" Mike Williams.
    Lose-Lose proposition.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I think it has little to do with overall skill, and that Troy still can somewhat live up to his potential. No matter what happens he has to get serious in the offseason. Next year he will be better, because he won't have so mucb pressure on him. What we saw was a good player crumbling under that pressure. It happens all the time in the NFL.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

So how does the depth chart look now for WRs?
    Last I checked at nfl.com it wasn't updated yet.
    I'm guessing:

LWR: M. Robinson, B. Johnson, T. Williamson
    RWR: T. Taylor, B. McMuffin

Does J. Carter see the light of day?
    That would have won you some money in Vegas if an undrafted rookie beats out the #7 overall pick for a roster spot.
    Sad state of affairs on the receiving corps this year, but they appear to have made a turn for the better.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

At this point, I think TW needs to invest in one of them TYBO Videos.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast