Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Williamson may remain inactive

KFFL
    Vikings | Williamson may remain inactive
    Tue, 29 Nov 2005 05:56:01 -0800

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings rookie WR Troy Williamson (shoulder) might not be completely in head coach Mike Tice's doghouse, but he isn't very high on the coach's depth chart and could be in for an extended stay on the Vikings' game day inactive list. It seems there was some confusion Wednesday, Nov. 23, about Williamson's availability for practice. "Troy hurt his shoulder and then tapped out Wednesday," Tice said. "Chuck (trainer Chuck Barta) thought I told him not to practice, and I thought Chuck told him not to practice. At the end of practice we compared notes and Troy told himself not to practice. I shut him down for the week and figured that his injury was bothering him enough that he felt he shouldn't practice."

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Re: Williamson may remain inactive

I like Troy and hope he will be a great reciever for us in the future, but does it bother anyone else that he seems to be injury pron already in his young career? It sure bothers me, unfortunatly I am foreseeing a trend with Mr. Williamson. (Hope im wrong). It seems like when you are at the bottom of the depth charts its easy to get hurt then.....hmmm wonder why?
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Del Rio Guest

I don't mind a guy getting hurt. It is a violent sport. Practice is violent, games even more so. The human body is not created to withstand the abuse these people put it through.

What does bother me is he seemed to have pulled a fast one to get out of practice. Hopefully it was rookie miscommunication or a mistake, but he should want to be in there and he shouldn't be taking off unless the coach or trainer ok's it.

Of course if he feels he is to hurt to play he should have told the coaches he wasn't going to practice. It sounds like he didn't even do that.

Hooversham is offline Starter

Does it really matter? We really don't use or need him right now. The 4 WR's we used last game did just fine. Williamson isn't sharp enough yet to really help us at all. I don't mind if he sits and watches. Maybe he'll learn how to run a route and adjust to a over or underthrown ball.

As for being injury prone...only time will tell. It's too early to tell yet.
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Del Rio Guest

You don't learn by sitting and watching.

If he's missing practice it matters. If he's missing practice when he shouldn't be like Tice said he did, then it becomes a major problem.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Tice just needs to sit Troy's ass down and let him know the score...then we can all just keep on winning games on the way to making the playoffs.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

as of right now he is last on the depth chart and therefore he doesnt play. and him not being healthy and a rookie doesnt help his cause with tice. just give him time, he will get in there, dont you worry.
    We're bringing purple back.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Well hopefully he can recover from his injury and make some plays in practice so that he can get back on Tice's good side. Then maybe we will see him playing again in a couple weeks. I really think that he will make a bigger impact next season though after he has his rookie season under his belt. He can work on everything in the offseason and come back better than ever.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    You don't learn by sitting and watching.
    We do. All we do is sit and watch the games...then we come here and we are experts. :lol:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Here's the full Trib article:

Troy Williamson likely to stay on inactive list

Receiver Troy Williamson might not be completely in Mike Tice's doghouse, but the seventh overall selection in the April draft isn't very high on the coach's depth chart and could be in for an extended stay on the Vikings' game-day inactive list.

Williamson, taken with a selection obtained in the Randy Moss trade, decided to remove himself from practice on Wednesday after suffering a sprained right shoulder Nov. 21 at Green Bay. That led to him being inactive against Cleveland, a move athletic trainer Chuck Barta called a coach's decision.

"Troy hurt his shoulder and then tapped out Wednesday," Tice said. "... Chuck thought I told him not to practice, and I thought Chuck told him not to practice. At the end of practice we compared notes and Troy told himself not to practice. ... I shut him down for the week and figured that his injury was bothering him enough that he felt he shouldn't practice."

Tice dressed four receivers Sunday and sounded inclined to do the same at Detroit.

"It's hard to suit up five wide receivers unless someone has return ability," Tice said. "So what does Troy have to do? I probably would stick with the four guys I have right now unless I take it from the O-line and go back to seven [instead of eight actives] or take it from the linebacker situation and go with the six. Other than that, Troy will be standing next to me."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5751798.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast