Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Williamson Leaving Minnesota?

Before he leaves, make him pay for his nike contacts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Whatever it is, they would be speculating for something during the offseason.
    The two possibilities are obviously a cut or a trade.

To be honest, they probably don't know anything more than you or I.
    They are just looking at the fact that we have two very, very good rookies in Rice and Allison, and a good slot/possession receiver in Wade.
    Williamson simply isn't high enough on the depth chart.
    I would prefer that they trade him over cutting him though.
    I will start the bidding for the Packers... a bag of Cheese Puffs and a six pack of Old Mil. That should get us pretty close.
    ;D
    Who is donating that, Koren?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I'll pay for his plane ticket....

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

the name David Terrell, charles rogers, etc. come to mind.
    oh, well.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I think TWill should walk. I don't think he can CATCH a plane.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"Braddock" wrote:
    I'm not one for rumors, but this one I could not ignore. ESPN rumor mill says that Williamson might be leaving Minnesota:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsi der.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

I'm not an Insider subscriber, so I couldn't tell you what they say, but has anyone heard anything like this?
    Oh no what are we going to do?

Well you can't say the Vikings didn't try.
    Its not our fault he can't catch.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I've read nothing but assinine comments.

T-Will has been catching the ball quite well this year when he's been in there, but I guess to many people still have to dwell about last year.

Before you even go there, I don't give a fuck where in the draft he was picked or that people speculated he was supposed to be Moss' replacement just because we got that draft pick from Oakland. We could have just as easily used that pick on a lineman, RB or QB.

T-Will didn't tout himself as a top 10 pick, the media, the so-called experts & the scouts did. The Vikings decided to pick him 7th, how is T-Will to blame for that?

Show me a list of all the Vikings receivers & how many "catchable" & I do mean "catchable" balls each have dropped.

I saw the same kind of talk about Udeze earlier this year & last. Didn't record a sack so he must be a piece of shit. Yet he lead the Vikings in tackles for a loss last year & is tied for 2nd for most sacks this year.

Where are those haters now?

Granted T-Will is not been an elite standout receiver since he's been here, but I haven't seen him drop many passes this year. In fact I've seen others drop quite a few.

To bash him this year like all he does is drop passes is pure bullshit IMO.

I'll stand in the minority here like I always do. I'm not one to start bashing a player just because the majority of the other members do. I won't dwell on one play, one game or one season to make up my mind about someone. Too many others do.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:

T-Will has been catching the ball quite well this year when he's been in there, but I guess to many people still have to dwell about last year.

Before you even go there, I don't give a fuck where in the draft he was picked or that people speculated he was supposed to be Moss' replacement just because we got that draft pick from Oakland. We could have just as easily used that pick on a lineman, RB or QB.

T-Will didn't tout himself as a top 10 pick, the media, the so-called experts & the scouts did. The Vikings decided to pick him 7th, how is T-Will to blame for that?

Show me a list of all the Vikings receivers & how many "catchable" & I do mean "catchable" balls each have dropped.

I saw the same kind of talk about Udeze earlier this year & last. Didn't record a sack so he must be a piece of shit. Yet he lead the Vikings in tackles for a loss last year & is tied for 2nd for most sacks this year.

Granted T-Will is not been an elite standout receiver since he's been here, but I haven't seen him drop many passes this year. In fact I've seen others drop quite a few.

I'll stand in the minority here like I always do. I'm not one to start bashing a player just because the majority of the other members do. I won't dwell on one play, one game or one season to make up my mind about someone. Too many others do.

I don't see it that way Singer. Regardless of where TW was drafted, and ignoring his injury problems this year, do you honestly think TWill is good enough to keep on this roster. I would love for TWill to develop into a solid #2 receiver, or even a #4 speedster, but I just don't see it.

Rice, Wade, and Allison are definetly going to be here next year, and we will also pick up another WR in FA or the draft, maybe even both. So TWill might be an expensive 4 or 5 receiver. His trade value is close to nil, and we could pick up a #5 guy for much cheaper.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Regardles we have to pay him next year anyway, or at least a portion of it, if he is picked up.
    What if we look at this differently, matbe we could turn him into a defensive back.
    i mean it worked for Robert Tate, why not here too?

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"V" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

I don't see it that way Singer. Regardless of where TW was drafted, and ignoring his injury problems this year, do you honestly think TWill is good enough to keep on this roster. I would love for TWill to develop into a solid #2 receiver, or even a #4 speedster, but I just don't see it.

Rice, Wade, and Allison are definetly going to be here next year, and we will also pick up another WR in FA or the draft, maybe even both. So TWill might be an expensive 4 or 5 receiver. His trade value is close to nil, and we could pick up a #5 guy for much cheaper.
    I'm not sure if they will. Cerainly not without restructuring his contract if they do. But that isn't what miffs me.

People here are bashing him as if all he's done this year is drop balls. That's bullshit IMO.

T-Will is averaging more yards per reception than every other WR on the Vikings roster except for Allison.

I've had no problem with him this year & refuse to grade his performance on what happened last year. Especially with the vision problem he had then.

Personally, I think Rice is better, but you won't see me harping about the balls he's dropped this year.

Last year the bashing of T-Will was warranted for dropped passes, but not this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast