Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 171
  1. #101
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    He would have dropped them whether he was the #1 WR or #5 WR.
    This is the only part I disagree with.
    By I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, and hope 2007 will work out better for the boy.
    I can agree with that
    ;D.
    The reason why I don't think it matters is when your out there playing and a pass is coming your way, you don't think to yourself "I'm a #1 WR.
    I better catch this."
    We clearly saw he would take his eyes off the ball in some form.
    I watched him turn and run on a 3rd down before he caught the ball.
    I saw him not adjust to passes thrown his way.


    I do think he tried to hard to make things happen.
    Maybe that had something to do with being the #1 WR but even after he was demoted he was dropping passes.
    I also agree that it is a mental problem and think the problen could be fixed.
    But it will take an effort on the coaching staff and on TWill to take the time and get over it.
    With all that said, if a person does have a hand-eye coordination problem it will make it that much more difficult to catch.
    That part of things have nothing to do with being a #1 WR.
    It's a physical problem.
    Again, it may be able to be fixed.

    I am with ya Nodak.
    I hope 2007 is a much better season for the boy and he can turn his career around.
    I agree it makes no difference, especially in this offense wether he is the #1 or not.

    He has been known for drops his whole career even in college.

    He made a name for himself in College running the deep routes.

    He wasn't lined up in a #1 all season anyway.

    He was benched and then came back as a slot WR and still dropped balls.

    The balls he dropped were all over the field, short, long, mid-range.

    I think the #1 argument is an excuse.

    And I also hope he gets better, like I said I think alot will depend on how his season starts. Either way if he can't step it up I would send him packing, either that or give him some bigger pads and put him as a wedge buster as punishment.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  2. #102
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "Del" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    He would have dropped them whether he was the #1 WR or #5 WR.
    This is the only part I disagree with.
    By I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, and hope 2007 will work out better for the boy.
    I can agree with that
    ;D.
    The reason why I don't think it matters is when your out there playing and a pass is coming your way, you don't think to yourself "I'm a #1 WR.
    I better catch this."
    We clearly saw he would take his eyes off the ball in some form.
    I watched him turn and run on a 3rd down before he caught the ball.
    I saw him not adjust to passes thrown his way.


    I do think he tried to hard to make things happen.
    Maybe that had something to do with being the #1 WR but even after he was demoted he was dropping passes.
    I also agree that it is a mental problem and think the problen could be fixed.
    But it will take an effort on the coaching staff and on TWill to take the time and get over it.
    With all that said, if a person does have a hand-eye coordination problem it will make it that much more difficult to catch.
    That part of things have nothing to do with being a #1 WR.
    It's a physical problem.
    Again, it may be able to be fixed.

    I am with ya Nodak.
    I hope 2007 is a much better season for the boy and he can turn his career around.
    I agree it makes no difference, especially in this offense wether he is the #1 or not.

    He has been known for drops his whole career even in college.

    He made a name for himself in College running the deep routes.

    He wasn't lined up in a #1 all season anyway.

    He was benched and then came back as a slot WR and still dropped balls.

    The balls he dropped were all over the field, short, long, mid-range.

    I think the #1 argument is an excuse.

    And I also hope he gets better, like I said I think alot will depend on how his season starts. Either way if he can't step it up I would send him packing, either that or give him some bigger pads and put him as a wedge buster as punishment.
    Maybe we can add some stick-em to his jersey and helmet and stick tooth picks in his eyes to keep his lids open.

  3. #103
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.


    I've said it before and will say it again,






    It's basicaly up to Troy himself, which way his future pans out this season...




    Another showing like last year and he is gone for sure.......Since he is still a Viking, I'll wish the best for him and hopefully he will have a strong showing and a productive season for us....




    Bottom line is, it's up to him, to either shine or die.......


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #104
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "ejmat" wrote:
    Maybe we can add some stick-em to his jersey and helmet and stick tooth picks in his eyes to keep his lids open.
    OK, now that would be pretty fricken funny to see. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #105
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Maybe we can add some stick-em to his jersey and helmet and stick tooth picks in his eyes to keep his lids open.
    OK, now that would be pretty fricken funny to see. ;D
    I was trying to visualize that as I typed it.
    I thought it would be funny too.
    Although the toothpicks keeping the eye-lids open may be a bit morbid but would be funny to see as well.

  6. #106
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "Del" wrote:
    Maybe they finally found out that there actually are no eyes in the back of his head so when he turns his head to run before he has caught the ball he can't see it!

    Or

    Maybe they found there are no eyes on his chest so when he decides to not use his hands he can't see the ball when he catches it with his body.



    NIKE eye doctor.......lol, for some reason I keep getting the image of some guy just shining a maglight in his eyes.
    LOL!!
    Thanks for the laughs before work
    Smells like a smokescreen to me.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  7. #107
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Maybe they finally found out that there actually are no eyes in the back of his head so when he turns his head to run before he has caught the ball he can't see it!

    Or

    Maybe they found there are no eyes on his chest so when he decides to not use his hands he can't see the ball when he catches it with his body.



    NIKE eye doctor.......lol, for some reason I keep getting the image of some guy just shining a maglight in his eyes.
    LOL!!
    Thanks for the laughs before work
    Smells like a smokescreen to me.
    nike makes a lot of money. they would use a lazor pen light
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #108
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    Hold on,

    Now, I've been in Africa for 3 months with no e-mail/internet access...

    And you mean to tell me Troy Williamson is still on this team?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  9. #109
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Hold on,

    Now, I've been in Africa for 3 months with no e-mail/internet access...

    And you mean to tell me Troy Williamson is still on this team?
    Yes, and your name is still Randy Moss.

    Hope you had a nice trip to Africa.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #110
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Williamson hopes new eye tests will stop his drops.

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    Hold on,

    Now, I've been in Africa for 3 months with no e-mail/internet access...

    And you mean to tell me Troy Williamson is still on this team?
    You could of at least blew smoke signals to stay in touch you bastage.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 05:05 AM
  2. Williamson believes drops are behind him
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:58 PM
  3. Boston tests positive for GHB
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
  4. Wow here's a surprise, Ricky tests positive again for Pot.
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 10:25 PM
  5. Bonds tests positive.
    By Zeus in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •