Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Williamson Heading To Jacksonville

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    How can you get the job done when you inactive on the sideline?
    Last time i checked his stats were comparable to almost every receive on our roster.
    It's not like we can use his speed anyways, we have a QB with no deep ball accuracy.
    Like I said, good luck Troy, I hope you set the league on fire in Jville and make the front office look foolish and expose the real issue with the Vikes.
    Really?
    Maybe you should take another look.
    http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=7183&team=16

Incomplete Pass Information
    Player Targets Drops % Dropped % Caught %First down
    Wade 83 4 4.8% 65.1 39.8
    Ferguson 62 3 4.8% 51.6 30.6
    Rice 53 2 3.8% 58.5 47.2
    Williamson 38 4 10.5% 47.4 23.7
    Allison 18 1 5.5% 44.4 27.8

TWill drops passes at 2 to 3 times the rate that all of our other WRs do.
    He was inactive on the sideline because he can't get the job done.
    Ur skewing the data. At the end of the year, he was tied for drops. Was he not.?
    LMFAO. How am I skewing the data.
    Yes, he was tied for drops.
    He was tied with Wade, who was thrown to 83 times, while TWill was thrown to 38 times.
    That means that Wade dropped about 1 out of every 20 passes, while TWill dropped about 1 out of every 10 passes.

How can you not see that?
    You are talking about % of drops, I'm talking about drops total. I don't care how often you are trageted, if you drop the ball you drop the ball. Let me add my 2 cents. It's easier for a WR that doesn't get the ball thrown his war often to choke and drop the ball, than for for a WR that is constantly targeted. With multiple looks you get into a zone and your comfort level increases. However, when you're targeted as rarely as Twill was, it a more difficult catch. Did I add the guy was dealing with a death in the family this season

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Braddock" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Last time i checked his stats were comparable to almost every receive on our roster.
    It's not like we can use his speed anyways, we have a QB with no deep ball accuracy.
    Like I said, good luck Troy, I hope you set the league on fire in Jville and make the front office look foolish and expose the real issue with the Vikes.
    Really?

Wade 83 4 4.8% 65.1 39.8
    Rice 53 2 3.8% 58.5 47.2

Ur skewing the data. At the end of the year, he was tied for drops. Was he not.?
    lol. any other blogger i'd say would be joking, but it's funnier that it's kevon. B/c you know he's serious.
    Clears up confusion with regard to the identity of the top T Will crotch sniffer around these parts.

Calling everyone out as idiots is a good way to display obvious superiority of intellect and tact. Very persuasive manuever!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Really?

Wade 83 4 4.8% 65.1 39.8
    Rice 53 2 3.8% 58.5 47.2

He was tied with Wade, who was thrown to 83 times, while TWill was thrown to 38 times.
    That means that Wade dropped about 1 out of every 20 passes, while TWill dropped about 1 out of every 10 passes.

You are talking about % of drops, I'm talking about drops total. I don't care how often you are trageted, if you drop the ball you drop the ball. Let me add my 2 cents. It's easier for a WR that doesn't get the ball thrown his war often to choke and drop the ball, than for for a WR that is constantly targeted. With multiple looks you get into a zone and your comfort level increases. However, when you're targeted as rarely as Twill was, it a more difficult catch. Did I add the guy was dealing with a death in the family this season
    Why didn't Allison have as high of a drop rate then?

<sigh>

Now you are just making excuses for him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Really?

Wade 83 4 4.8% 65.1 39.8
    Rice 53 2 3.8% 58.5 47.2

Ok, so a guy who gets thrown to 4 times and drops 4 times is the same as Wade who got 83 looks and only dropped 4, b/c percentage means nothing, right? Percentage is the real stat there. It shows the competency of the receiver's skills. Btw, your logic is false about the looks and the zone, b/c I believe TO led the year in drops 2006-07 year (TWill 2nd) and he's been thrown to plenty. I don't know who led in 07-08. Probably an Atlanta Falcon. Couple that with the denver drops. His big one looked exactly like his TD drop against Wash on MNF 2 years ago. His adjustments have never improved. And the one where it hit him in the chest, is exactly like every short route drop he's committed in 3 years. He doesn't have the fundamentals, he can't catch, and all this arguments coming from a guy WHO OWNS AND STILL WEARS HIS JERSEY so do NOT accuse me of biasness. I like TWill, but I love the vikings and what's best for both, especially the vikings, is to try to get SOMETHING out of him , b/c we aren't getting anything on the field.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Braddock" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=42674.msg728701#msg728701 date=1204043002]
    Really?

Wade 83 4 4.8% 65.1 39.8
    Rice 53 2 3.8% 58.5 47.2

Ok, so a guy who gets thrown to 4 times and drops 4 times is the same as Wade who got 83 looks and only dropped 4, b/c percentage means nothing, right? Percentage is the real stat there. It shows the competency of the receiver's skills. Btw, your logic is false about the looks and the zone, b/c I believe TO led the year in drops 2006-07 year (TWill 2nd) and he's been thrown to plenty. I don't know who led in 07-08. Probably an Atlanta Falcon. Couple that with the denver drops. His big one looked exactly like his TD drop against Wash on MNF 2 years ago. His adjustments have never improved. And the one where it hit him in the chest, is exactly like every short route drop he's committed in 3 years. He doesn't have the fundamentals, he can't catch, and all this arguments coming from a guy WHO OWNS AND STILL WEARS HIS JERSEY so do NOT accuse me of biasness. I like TWill, but I love the vikings and what's best for both, especially the vikings, is to try to get SOMETHING out of him , b/c we aren't getting anything on the field.
    [/quote]
    Uhhh Ohhhh. Now you brought out "Bad Braddock". I would much rather see "Bad Marrdro" than that guy.

Easy big fella.
    Easy.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Holy crap.
    Come on man, I know you are joking now.

The first thread is all from the immediate days after the Denver game.
    Then it died off until Dropper bumped it yesterday.

The most recent post in the second one is from November 10, 2006.

And neither one of them said anything about Twill costing us the playoffs.
    Keep looking.
    Nodak, while I see your point... I think the fact is he was hurting the team more than helping it.
    I agree with you C Mac.
    I asked kevon to show me any links where people were saying the TWill cost us the playoffs.
    THis was all he came up with.

TWill definately was not an asset to the team.
    But nobody that I know us is making him the scapegoat for anything.
    Did you even read the threads. Face it the guy has been casted as the Villian the whole season. Yes he drops the ball. However,
    if you had asked anyone on this bord to guess the amount of drops he had this season, people would have assumed it was in the 8 range. Read the thread my friend. In fact, don't read the thread, read this thread for all the blame the guy gets.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Holy crap.

Keep looking.
    Nodak, while I see your point... I think the fact is he was hurting the team more than helping it.
    I agree with you C Mac.
    I asked kevon to show me any links where people were saying the TWill cost us the playoffs.

Did you even read the threads. Face it the guy has been casted as the Villian the whole season. Yes he drops the ball. However,
    if you had asked anyone on this bord to guess the amount of drops he had this season, people would have assumed it was in the 8 range. Read the thread my friend. In fact, don't read the thread, read this thread for all the blame the guy gets.
    Thank God, b/c that would mean he would have dropped 20% of his passes and in the NFL that is god awful.

And Marr, xBradcorex (my evil alter ego) is not showing his face on this issue..... yet. I, as Braddock, just get tired of ignorance. Now as soon as he starts ripping TJack, it's on.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Holy crap.

Keep looking.
    I agree with you C Mac.

He's been painted as a villian and rightfully so.

He's had problems with drops yes. That's not the principle issue though, IMO, it's the TIMING of the drops that is the problem.

I can remember at least 3 or 4 easy balls that he dropped at CRUCIAL times over the past year or two. The drop in the Washington game comes to mind when he had 10 yards on the defense and the ball hit him in the chest. What's that? It's our playoff birth falling to the ground.

It's been horrible. He's cost us games and is certainly not worth his 7 years 49 million dollars. I'm glad he's going.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=42674.msg728701#msg728701 date=1204043002]
    Really?

Wade 83 4 4.8% 65.1 39.8
    Rice 53 2 3.8% 58.5 47.2

Why didn't Allison have as high of a drop rate then?

<sigh>

Now you are just making excuses for him.
    [/quote]

I really want kevin to reply to this post.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Holy crap.

Keep looking.
    I agree with you C Mac.

Since he dropped 10% of his passes, he probably would have had 8 drops if he was thrown to as much as Wade.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast