Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Williamson was great!!!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "iPURPLE" wrote:
    i also liked what Fason did on his limited carries.......but then he got injured.....errrrrrr !!
    I agree. He looked really good but then again... it is 3rd and 2nd team d's. :roll:

Lets remember that Williamson will be our 4th WR this year, so the jets 2nd team starting CB's would be what he will be facing when he plays with our #1 offense this year.

Regardless of who was covering him, he showed a lot. Good hands, good speed, and good elusiveness. I watched him and he reminded me a little of Torry Holt. Let's hope he developes into another Torry Holt.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "iPURPLE" wrote:
    i also liked what Fason did on his limited carries.......but then he got injured.....errrrrrr !!
    I agree. He looked really good but then again... it is 3rd and 2nd team d's. :roll:

Lets remember that Williamson will be our 4th WR this year, so the jets 2nd team starting CB's would be what he will be facing when he plays with our #1 offense this year.

Regardless of who was covering him, he showed a lot. Good hands, good speed, and good elusiveness. I watched him and he reminded me a little of Torry Holt. Let's hope he developes into another Torry Holt.

I was thinking the same thing.. It's not like they will go have someone like Surtain, Mcallister, Law, etc. go cover Williamson.. if that was the case that would leave Nate covered by a worse CB so I wouldn't complain..

I was also thinking the same thing about Torry Holt man! It's early to compare but I would definitley say I saw some Torry Holt in him

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

More than anything, I think it was a great confidence builder for Troy. His first game in the NFL, two great catches, regardless of who he's playing against. With the starting Vikings team, he will have opportunities, he will be open, and Daunte will get the ball to him. He needs to get rid of the butterflies and just get the ball.

Remember in college he didn't get a lot of balls thrown to him because of the offensive scheme he played in, so I think we have to give him a bit of development time and get him confident that he can be a good deep threat receiver in the NFL. He burns a couple of teams early in the season, and the safeties have to respect him which gives the other guys a little more room to work with.

revprodeji is offline Starter

my boy C4 is fine, the doctor said "sprain" right away. But C4 was walkin around on the sideline. SO im sure if it was a real game he could have played again. C4 is a great inside runner, has a nice juke and decent speed. In our new offense we dont need a back who will either break 20 or be stuffed. We need an eddie george "3 everytime no matter what" type. And that is what C4 brings. If he doesnt start this year he will start next year with MeMo returnin punts and backin him up

oh yea, troy looked tight too. Kid will do some nice things in the slot for us. He has such a long stride it doesnt look like he is going fast, but he burns faster than moss "every blue moon"
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

anyone have video of the touchdown catch?

that would be sweet if there was a website where we could download all his touchdown catches. follow him through his career.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Justin311 is offline Rookie

watching TW burn a 2nd team DB was one thing...watching our 1st team secondary mis communicate and get burned by Pennington is another.

those guys didn't look too good on key plays. I hope Smoot comes back soon.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I think Troy will have excellent matchups against nickel and dime corners, or even linebackers, during the regular season.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

when i saw TW i thought he looked like that one guy........i think it was many ross??? seriously, his body motions looked like moss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123