Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Is Williamson a first round flop? Or a victim?

I think he is a flop, hope Im wrong. Right now he shouldnt be the #1 receiver for any team. With his speed he should be a good decoy if he could catch at least a few of them. Doesnt help much when you have a QB like BJ is playing this year.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I'll agree with the ones that say that you should give rookies a 3 year period to show if they can do it or not.

That being said usually the second year, is where you get the first indications of where they are going.

So far I'm not counting out Troy Williamsson. We have seen he has speed, and that he can get open. He has the ability to leap. Then he has had some drops, and I'm not the guy to tell you if he runs crispy routes.

I don't think he is that far away from being good, but I also think he would benefit from having a good reciever on the opposit side of him.

Also I can't help thinking about the alternative. Think about if we had taken Mike Williams like everyone wanted us to do.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

No doubt, cheeseburger Williams, glad he's not here.

A few good offensive games will make us forget about the offensive woes that have been haunting us.
    Assuming the offense wakes up and we spank the next few opponents we still won't know what's up again until we cross trails with the Bears again in the Windy City.
    If the offense doesn't wake up against the hapless 9ers all hell will break loose on this site.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bust? no I wouldn't class him as a that but its fair to say that he's not lived up the promise of a first round draft pick so far. To be fair many were trying to make him provide Moss-like figures for his first year which was never going to happen.
    This year hasn't been a good time for any of the WRs and I think he needs more reps and practice in order to get over the issues with his catching. Part of the problem with him is the mental side as I'm sure he's well aware of the fans perception of his ability- thats never easy to get over as he only needs to miss one catch in a game for the the fans to be immediately on his case.
    Without wanting to appear to be on the 'drop Brad' idea that some have, it may be beneficial with a change of QB. After this and next season then it may be a fairer time to decide if he really is a bust or not.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Send him to the practice squad and bring up Carter... ;D
    It just needed to be said.

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Send him to the practice squad and bring up Carter... ;D
    It just needed to be said.
    I'm actually surprised that someone didn't say this without the smilies.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

davike is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I don't know if you can call him a flop many people here who really follow the draft and college teams told us he can't hold onto the ball. It has been known before he even entered the NFL.

I think Tice said you can teach a guy to catch but you can't teach speed or something.

So maybe more time is all he needs, and maybe a QB who can get him the ball faster?
    The only guy that I remember talking about TW was a homer from SC that had been to every game and was telling us that TW was the BOMB.

But I definitelty can believe it cause we are seeing it right now!

WR is not about speed and catching alone.
    It is about being cunning.
    Set your guy up with your threat of speed and get open.
    The catching and speed should just be a given for a WR.

TW needs a lot of practice........

This is his first year in this offense.
    I will give him next year to improve before dismissing the guy.
    This year, he should get all the terms down and without injuries, he should be able to improve(refine) his skill this offseason.
    Let us all HOPE!

gotta agree with you....troy needs alot of practice, he is raw, but talented. there is alot of other good recievers that didn't come around for a few more years. he has great speed and can get open. on alot of his dropped passes he is perty much wide open, but if you look close you will see him glancing up the field, he needs to learn to just catch the ball before you try to run with it. i still think he has the talent to be a # 1 reciever, he needs alot of work but he has the stuff to be able to do it. and also you guys that are saying that we need a better QB for him to get better, or a QB that can throw the "deep ball". that is not going to happen much under childress no matter what QB we have. Childress's system is built on short passes and power running. he will mabe throw the deep ball more under someone like tavaris, but don't expect it to happen much.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    ...I think, in the midst of all the drops, people forget that he is open. Step 1 is getting open and he may do that better than any WR we have.
    Step 2 is catching the ball. Step 3 is YAC.
    He has shown great ability with step 1 and 3 and if he can get step 2 down he could be a force in the NFL.
    Maybe we should get Cris Carter in here to help him out.
    It really would be nice if they could get Cris Carter in as the receivers coach.
    Hell, didn't Ford get him over with the Kitties for a little while.
    Carter in as receivers coach would be nice, Zygi has deep pockets.
    Show him the coin.

Del Rio Guest

Hell have Darren Sharper train him. You see that int he had against Brady. I'm surprised they didnt inspect his hands for glue or tacks or something.

"Del" wrote:
    Hell have Darren Sharper train him. You see that int he had against Brady. I'm surprised they didnt inspect his hands for glue or tacks or something.
    That's because T-Will needs to eat shitty food and get a tent.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast