Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Williamson catches punch at nightclub

"Del" wrote:
    "One guy kept saying, 'I'm a pro athlete. Nobody treats me like this.' "

Should have punched him twice.
    Definitely deserved a TKO at least with those comments.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    ...Troy...can you be any more embarrassing?
    How, in any way, does this make Troy embarrassing? That doesn't make any sense. Having Challenged Hillybilly Lovers like you root for the same team I do embarrasses me.
    WHOA! Why the hostility?

Getting into a fight at a night club is embarrassing for the team, IMO. If it was unprovoked, it's hard to blame him for it, but we don't know the whole story. He might have deserved it.

Supposedly it was said that it was unprovoked, but someone else said he didn't even see any punches thrown. It's hard to say what actually happened.

Anyway, Purplemania is entitled to his opinion, and if he feels like this incident is embarrassing, then he's allowed to say so.

And it is embarassing. I guarantee this is what sportscenter will talk about if they even do talk about the vikings.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Braddock" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    ...Troy...can you be any more embarrassing?
    How, in any way, does this make Troy embarrassing? That doesn't make any sense. Having Challenged Hillybilly Lovers like you root for the same team I do embarrasses me.
    How about the fact that Troy just drops passes, can't get much more embarrassing than that.
    Humiliating for him and embarrassing for the Fans.
    Who know's why he was punched at a charity event??

Security officers began moving the group toward an alternate exit when tensions rose. Naylon, also the public information officer for the Ramsey County Sheriff, said: "One guy kept saying, 'I'm a pro athlete. Nobody treats me like this.' "

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

May or may not be embarrassing but one thing for sure it is not as embarrassing as the boat party last year with Smoot and the 2 headed toy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

the myth runs a pretty tight ship.

before you get in, there is a sign saying something to the effect of "men need to be dressed like gentlement, women dress sexy. we need sexy dress to match sexy clients" or something like that. they search you better than the metrodome, they even look at your keychain. one of my friends had to return to his car because he had something weird on his keychain. and the gaurds on the outside were very pushy. i was in the line for under 21, and the dude comes up to me "are you over 21?" i said yes and i swear he almost clubbed me and dragged me to a different line.

with that said, that was my only experience there, and if troy wasnt leaving after closing, then he deserved it.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"happy" wrote:
    the myth runs a pretty tight ship.

before you get in, there is a sign saying something to the effect of "men need to be dressed like gentlement, women dress sexy. we need sexy dress to match sexy clients" or something like that. they search you better than the metrodome, they even look at your keychain. one of my friends had to return to his car because he had something weird on his keychain. and the gaurds on the outside were very pushy. i was in the line for under 21, and the dude comes up to me "are you over 21?" i said yes and i swear he almost clubbed me and dragged me to a different line.

with that said, that was my only experience there, and if troy wasnt leaving after closing, then he deserved it.
    wow. That place sounds horrendous. I think I'll stick to my neghborhood watering-hole-in-the-wall, thank-you very much.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

TWill cannot catch and cannot catch dodge a punch!

"RAIDERS OF THE NORTH"

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    And it is embarassing. I guarantee this is what sportscenter will talk about if they even do talk about the vikings.

yeah, i agree if the vikings ever get on sportscenter or any sports show it's always something negitive.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

well, there are three criteria to get talked about on sports shows.

1) your team is doing well
    2) your team sucks BAD
    3) your team has off the field issues

we've been mediocore the past few years. so all we fill is the third criteria.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast