Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Williamson...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Williamson...

when did the car. o-coor. say that bout troy?

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"magicci" wrote:
    when did the car. o-coor. say that bout troy?
    I was playing golf with him probably a month after draft day, and I was lamenting our not drafting Mike Williams at #7. He said to me, "The guy you got (TW) is a better player and has what it takes to be a real star in this league. Mike Williams will very likely be a good player, but not the upside super-star potential that I see in TW." Or basicly something to that effect.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Keep in mind he is a rookie and typically WR's have their breakout year in their 3rd season if they are going to be a stud. Be patient young grasshopper.
    ;-)

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

We didn't use Troy the right way this year. Everyone was to obsessed with his deep threat ability and that is all we really used him for. Sure it worked a few times, but that is all they wanted to do with him. If they would have put him in there and let him run routes that weren't going deep all of the time he would have done better. Look what he did in the Baltimore game. That was his best play of the year and it was only like a 10 yard pattern across the middle.

With that catch and run he showed us all what he is capable of. It should be fun to see what he can do next year.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Recievers take time to develop these days unless you are a Man Child like R.Moss or A. Boldin.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Rastak is offline Rookie

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    We didn't use Troy the right way this year. Everyone was to obsessed with his deep threat ability and that is all we really used him for. Sure it worked a few times, but that is all they wanted to do with him. If they would have put him in there and let him run routes that weren't going deep all of the time he would have done better. Look what he did in the Baltimore game. That was his best play of the year and it was only like a 10 yard pattern across the middle.

With that catch and run he showed us all what he is capable of. It should be fun to see what he can do next year.
    He's got some serious acceleration, that's for sure. I'm sure Brad Childress is thinking about ways to exploit that. Troy got in Tice's doghouse like some other guys. New coaching staff, new offense, new game planning, the sky is the limit on Troy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234