Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Williamson...

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Williamson...

"KJ" wrote:
    "Turboe" wrote:
    Hindsight is 20/20. I like Troy Williamson, and hope he is a stud someday. But think about our needs at draft time.

As someone said knowing now what Koren has become for us. Can you imagine getting either Shawne Merriman or Derrick Thomas at that #7 spot and sticking them in our LB crew. SCARY!

But you cant look back.
    If we could have drafted Derrick Thomas at the #7 spot last year, it truly would have been an act of God.
    OK how about Derrick Johnson? Would that be better pick at #7 last year.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Not this again.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I believe you ned.

What i was most impressed with this year out of him was his route running, timing routes, he's deadly on those comback routes, he's not just fast like moss he's so quick at the same time, those DB's gotta give him respect at the line of scrimage. More than anything i was impressed with his hands, he made some great catches this year that i didn't expect, i love his ability after the run.

You really only need to see a little bit from this kid to see what he can become in the future, he needs to hit the weights a little bit, put on few pounds on, it shouldn't slow him down. They list him at 200 pounds but theres noway, he looks more like winfields size with a couple inches on him. They list KRob at 200. He must learn to adjust to the ball in the air, i'm sure BJ's passes wern't on the dot but he's got a little work to do.

Many purple faithful wanted Mike Williams instead. And many of the purple faithful booed when we picked Williamson instead. I'm happier we choose Troy, that's who we got, he's our man. I know Williams was also a rookie but what did he do with the playing time he got? Nothing as far as I know.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    Many purple faithful wanted Mike Williams instead. And many of the purple faithful booed when we picked Williamson instead. I'm happier we choose Troy, that's who we got, he's our man. I know Williams was also a rookie but what did he do with the playing time he got? Nothing as far as I know.

????? Nothing????????

Did you see the big plays in Pre Season for the TD's. The catch against the Ravens. Come on man, i was one of those people who exepted the draft pic and didn't expect to much from him, infact i expected less of him, from the reports he had bad hands and couldn't run routes at all. With the time he got he was great, but he's not a punt returner.

No. That musta slipped my mind. I guess I didn't see enough highlights involving him doing something.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

We got Troy to replace the Moss deep ball but we havent used him effectively and this west coast offense talk is scaring me
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

The main reason you didn't see much of him was because of the hole our coaches and other players put us in, in the begining of the season...

I have some clear memories of some plays and catches he had that where pure heaven...

Mark my words and watch this kid next season......NO worries here on my boy Troy....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Don't sell Williamson short. Yeah, he was intended to be a deep threat, and his speed was one of his greatest assets, but that doesn't mean that he won't be able to preform under a West Coast style offense. His speed can still be a big factor, just more after the catch than before it.

I think Williamson was the right pick for the Vikings at the time. And I will wait and see how he fits into the new offense.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Just because a receiver is fast doesn't mean he can only go deep. The bottomline is we oversigned WRs to make up for the loss of Moss. Tice got as many as he could, hoping the would all fill a part of the void if he used them all in their own specific ways. The final signing of KRob pished Troy so far down the depth chart that he was suffocating.

Tice's plan totally backfired. To be honest I don't feel like any of our recievers let alone TWill saw enough balls for them to be playmakers. Instead of mixing and matching none of the receivers were able to get into the rhythm of the game and TWill saw far less playing time than he deserved.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast