Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Williamson...

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Williamson...

I like Troy Williamson (see my name) but I really think he has been mis-used as a Rookie. We drafted him and then brought in receiver after reciever. I think it was stupid to spend our first pick on him and then load up on WR's that eventually would be placed ahead of him on the depth chart. I really hope that next season the Vikings use him.I was just playing madden and thinkin about this...Why Draft a WR then go out and sign 23432 more?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Williamson...

well, if we would have known koren robinson would be available, the vikings probably would not have drafted troy williamson.

i like troy too. but what are you mad about? we only signed one WR after the draft. and that was koren. travis taylor was signed before the draft. burleson and marcus robinson were already on the team.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

I'm not really mad, I'm just sayin for as high of a draft pick he was, we didnt use him enough. He really didnt get a opportunity to get his feet wet so to say. Yes hes young and has ALOT of playing time left in em, but a strong rookie year would have been nice. Also thats what I ment, that we got all the WR's in then drafted him and barley used em.

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

T-Money is offline Rookie

We drafted Williamson for the bombs, and once Culpepper was injured, we didn't have a quarterback who could throw it to him. We didn't want him in there running routes across the middle because he doesn't have the best hands and would take big hits. I think he will be much more involved next year when Culpepper is back.

I agree with ya T-Money except for the long ball. BJ can throw em, just not as good as C-Pepp.Hopefully we'll involve him more in the offense next year.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

That's doubtful if we go to a West Coast offense which emphasises shorter, crisper route patterns.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Hindsight is 20/20. I like Troy Williamson, and hope he is a stud someday. But think about our needs at draft time.

As someone said knowing now what Koren has become for us. Can you imagine getting either Shawne Merriman or Derrick Thomas at that #7 spot and sticking them in our LB crew. SCARY!

But you cant look back.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm not really mad, I'm just sayin for as high of a draft pick he was, we didnt use him enough. He really didnt get a opportunity to get his feet wet so to say. Yes hes young and has ALOT of playing time left in em, but a strong rookie year would have been nice. Also thats what I ment, that we got all the WR's in then drafted him and barley used em.

Easy there big shooter ... :lol:

It was well known when we took him he would be a little of a project and not to mention just a rookie in itself means on good, talented team you chill for the most of the first, maybe second year learning the system and get your feet wet in the NFL.

M.Rob doesn't have that much left in him and was situational this year anyways and there has been a few rumors about Burley not being happy and the "Brain Trust" not doing cartwheels over him .... T.Williamson will get his chance .... Also, with Childress coming in we just need to wait and see how everything pans out and how he wants to run his "O" .... this will greatly effect who stays and who goes depending on who fits into his system the best.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"Turboe" wrote:
    Hindsight is 20/20. I like Troy Williamson, and hope he is a stud someday. But think about our needs at draft time.

As someone said knowing now what Koren has become for us. Can you imagine getting either Shawne Merriman or Derrick Thomas at that #7 spot and sticking them in our LB crew. SCARY!

But you cant look back.
    If we could have drafted Derrick Thomas at the #7 spot last year, it truly would have been an act of God.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

If I remember correctly, I was one of the few here how said we would draft Troy..

Trust me, this kid will come along in his own, and be a one of the best deep threats the league has seen in a long time..

This year really didn't do him any good as far as headlines and media coverage..

But he is still in a learning process, and in the end, no one will complain we picked him up..

This kid has untaped talent, even he doesn't know about yet...

Trust me..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast