Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Williams, Cook exit early

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    It looked very similar to the shot Gosder Cherilus took on Jared Allen a few years ago. He got a little bit grumpier about it though.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    That kind of shit really bothers me. I like hard hitting football as much as anyone, but when someone goes after your knees, that is just wrong. Unfortunately, it's probably not as much the player's fault as it is the coaches. Unless the play is illegal, it will be taught, regardless of the merit.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    That kind of shit really bothers me. I like hard hitting football as much as anyone, but when someone goes after your knees, that is just wrong. Unfortunately, it's probably not as much the player's fault as it is the coaches. Unless the play is illegal, it will be taught, regardless of the merit.
    It's crazy that in today's NFL Bostic on the Bear's gets fined 20k for a picture-perfect hit last week. A hit that was hard but very unlikely to injure anyone. But then we aren't even going to throw flags for cheap shots at people's knees (which I'm guessing are the most common serious injuries in the NFL and have ruined more careers than I can count). If we're going to try to make the game safer, let's actually focus on hits that are getting people hurt.
    Last edited by Randy Moss; 08-26-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    It's crazy that in today's NFL Bostic on the Bear's gets fined 20k for a picture-perfect hit last week. A hit that was hard but very unlikely to injure anyone. But then we aren't even going to throw flags for cheap shots at people's knees (which I'm guessing are the most common serious injuries in the NFL and have ruined more careers than I can count). If we're going to try to make the game safer, let's actually focus on hits that are getting people hurt.
    Because the NFL is more concerned with lawsuits than player's longevity. If the lawsuits start flying around knee injuries as well, then they will take action.

In all fairness, they have been cracking down more on the shots to the knees, but not near enough in my book. Not just talking about the crack back blocks, but the DB's targeting RB's knees even when they are in very vulnerable positions. They know what they are doing, but it is legal, so they are taught by some to go ahead and do it. GB CB's used to always target AD's knees.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    I hope he is ok...that play was DIRTY

Y! SPORTS

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm disappointed there was no retaliation against Looney. That's the kind of thing you can not let slide.

When pitchers in the NL throw at someone, they're getting thrown at when they come to the plate. You take a blind side cheap shot at someone's knee, away from the play, preseason or not, you should get your ass beat.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Update on Kevin Williams' Knee Injury from Leslie Frazier
    Kevin Williams suffered a hyperextension injury to his right knee in last night’s football game. An MRI exam today revealed a significant bone contusion as well as a posterior capsular strain. Kevin was fortunate in that there was no injury to any of his ligaments.” – Head Coach Leslie Frazier
    I don't know what a posterior capsular strain is, but its' gotta be better than torn ligaments.

That's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Update on Kevin Williams' Knee Injury from Leslie Frazier

I don't know what a posterior capsular strain is, but its' gotta be better than torn ligaments.

That's a relief.
    Yea, still sounds pretty painful though.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    The 49ers made a bunch of illegal blocks in the game. We did not see flags flying. The block on Williams, while legal, was dirty play in a preseason game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast