Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we settle?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Speilman failed miserably in what we saw Saturday night. To have your two backups with almost zero experience playing in the NFL is almost inconcievable. The Packer nation laughs at us today with the fiasco that was Saturday night. How do you cut Rosenfels in the final cuts and keep a spearchucker that can't read a defense if it hit him in the head. You then keep an arena league qb to back up Webb. Webb showed he's not even close to NFL qb material Saturday. It was embarrassing.
    I stopped reading after this. It might be the most offensive thing I have ever read on PPO. Why be 75% offensive when you write? Why not go right ahead and drop the N- bomb? At least this way you can prove you know as much about being a human being as you do about football. It's always the little men that have something to prove on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree- HELL of a season.

Now to the questions...

Will he ignore our complete lack of receivers? Yes, I think he will. Kind of. I don't think he is going to make a big splash going after WRs in free agency, if that is what you mean... There really are not a lot of good WRs on the FA list this year. Not to mention the fact that Spielman's ideal FA candidate is a player finishing his rookie contract and showing promise. I just don't know who we would sign. That being said, I think WR is going to be our highest priority in the draft. And with us picking #23, we are in the perfect position to pick up a good WR here.

Will he ignore Percy Harvin and allow a cancer to get worse in our locker room? I hope not. I love Harvin, but I think he is worth more to us as trade bait than he is to finish out the lastyear of his contract. How about a Harvin for Freeman trade with TB? Any takers?

Will he pull the plug on Ponder if the development doesn't improve next year? I think he needs to start tugging on the plug now a little bit. Yes, Ponder improved a LOT in the last quarter of the season - especially when it counted -, but we cannot overlook the first three quarters. Obviously Ponder is going to be in purple again next season, but I look to Speilman to bring in someone who can legitimately compete with him for the starting spot. Again, Harvin for Freeman???

Overall, I expect this offseason to start out frustrating for many, mostly because I do NOT expect us to make a big splash in free agency. What we saw last FA is probably what we are going to see again - signings of young, relatively unproven players who show promise. I think it is a good strategy, although also one that is bound to upset some people.
    I disagree. I think/hope that Spielman realizes that he cannot rest on drafted players to take this offense to the next step. We are not in position to draft a Calvin Johnson and whoever we select at 23, will require some coaching up. We must address the postion in free agency and supplement it with a talented Rookie.

This is my very short list of FA WRs I beleive that we will target. Some, I want nothing to do with. Others, I am dreaming for but we may ignore

Spielman's Wet Dream
    Donald Jones BUF (RFA)
    David Nelson BUF (RFA)
    Andrew Hawkins CIN (Ex)
    Brandon Tate CIN
    Mohamed Massaquoi CLE
    Donnie Avery IND
    Austin Collie IND
    Brian Hartline MIA
    Devin Aromashodu MIN
    Jerome Simpson MIN
    Devery Henderson NO
    Ramses Barden NYG
    Domenik Hixon NYG
    Chaz Schilens NYJ
    Emmanuel Sanders PIT (RFA)
    Mike Wallace PIT
    Danny Amendola STL
    Brandon Gibson STL

Kevon's Wet Dream
    Greg Jennings GB
    Dwayne Bowe KC
    Victor Cruz NYG (RFA)
    Danario Alexander SD (RFA)

iowa is offline Rookie
    Damn, lots of whining from the "fans" of a team that just far exceeded everyones expectations.The guys questioning Ponder's injury are out of their mind, no way a guy works his whole life to get the shot and then chickens out, it was his throwing arm, not a knee, hard to throw when your arm doesn't work.As far as Rick goes, I think he'll address our needs through the draft for the most part,WR and DT being top priorities, don't think he'll spend a lot of money on the likes of Bowe.I'd like to see them bring in a veteran back-up at QB,I think it was pretty obvious that Webb isn't the guy.It's a shame there isn't a farm system like baseball where you could develop some of these raw, talented guys like Webb.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    How do you cut Rosenfels in the final cuts and keep a spearchucker that can't read a defense if it hit him in the head.
    WTF man?

I grew tired of your crap with your constant bitching about Kluwe and his views on gay marriage. This crosses the line.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    WTF man?

I grew tired of your crap with your constant bitching about Kluwe and his views on gay marriage. This crosses the line.
    I call em like I see them. I had to suffer through a group of bums like a wife beating Warren Moon, Daunte
    I've got hands the size of Mini Me, and without Moss I am a bum. Sparrow Winn, another winner that
    embarrassed us all in Lameblow years ago. Then we get Randall Cunningham who choked his way down the
    stretch in 98. And finally Mr Fun Joe Webb who's claim to fame is he can jump over 6 floor matresses. Oh
    and while I am at it how bout that great man everyone jizzed over the weekend about...The GREAT
    Ray Lewis. Here is a guy that was a suspect in a murder post SB, and probably is walking the streets only
    because he had money. A wonderful man that has 6 KIDS WITH THREE DIFFERENT WOMEN AND IS NOT
    MARRIED TO ANY OF THEM. What a great role model.

And finally Crissy Kluwe is a punter. I could care less what he thinks about gay marriage, school shooting
    or where he no name band is playing this weekend. Enjoy the off season..

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Speilman failed miserably in what we saw Saturday night. To have your two backups with almost zero experience playing in the NFL is almost inconcievable. The Packer nation laughs at us today with the fiasco that was Saturday night. How do you cut Rosenfels in the final cuts and keep a spearchucker that can't read a defense if it hit him in the head. You then keep an arena league qb to back up Webb. Webb showed he's not even close to NFL qb material Saturday. It was embarrassing.
    No, embarrassing is still believing that race alone plays any role in a persons success or failure.

Joe Webb didn't fail because he is black. He failed for a multitude of reasons....NONE of which pertain to the color of his skin.

And, while we're there, is Joe the only one who gets a racial tag? How about Frazier? Peterson? Williams? or any of the other Black members of the team....or are they simply "black".

The other downside is that the ENTIRE rest of your post is now meaningless - right or wrong - because you threw in a racist comment, and THAT has now become the focal point.

Were I you (And right now I'm damn glad I'm not), I'd SERIOUSLY reconsider how I expressed certain points of view. But then, I have a feeling that the Admins are going to see to it that you have that time....

Caine

I call em like I see them. I had to suffer through a group of bums like a wife beating Warren Moon, Daunte
    I've got hands the size of Mini Me, and without Moss I am a bum. Sparrow Winn, another winner that
    embarrassed us all in Lameblow years ago. Then we get Randall Cunningham who choked his way down the
    stretch in 98. And finally Mr Fun Joe Webb who's claim to fame is he can jump over 6 floor matresses. Oh
    and while I am at it how bout that great man everyone jizzed over the weekend about...The GREAT
    Ray Lewis. Here is a guy that was a suspect in a murder post SB, and probably is walking the streets only
    because he had money. A wonderful man that has 6 KIDS WITH THREE DIFFERENT WOMEN AND IS NOT

And finally Crissy Kluwe is a punter. I could care less what he thinks about gay marriage, school shooting
    Why watch a sport with such a high percentage of Black players? Sounds to me like Hockey would be more your cup of tea; that or Water Polo. I don't get how people can hate a specific race but then call athletes in that race "heroes". Then again, most people that are incapable of seeing another human being as something other than their race tend to lack the intelligence needed to unscrew a light bulb.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm speechless.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Why watch a sport with such a high percentage of Black players? Sounds to me like Hockey would be more your cup of tea; that or Water Polo. I don't get how people can hate a specific race but then call athletes in that race "heroes". Then again, most people that are incapable of seeing another human being as something other than their race tend to lack the intelligence needed to unscrew a light bulb.
    Psssst....Hockey has black players too......

I think he'd be better suited watching water polo....

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    I've never used the N word... Spearchucker was used because he'd be better off throwing spears than footballs. Don't put words in my mouth....People are way too quick to put labels on people..... Must be liberals....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast